Sign in with
Your question

Audio distortion with random CPU spikes

Last response: in CPUs
January 30, 2013 1:07:55 AM

Hi All. I've searched the web trying to find an answer to my computer problem. There are other posts in this forum that have asked a similar question but I still haven't found the answer that works.

I have a new Win8 HP computer (2 weeks old.)

It has a Next Gen AMD Quad Core A-10-5700 Accelerated Processor
8 GB DDR memory
1 TB hard drive

I only have a few programs installed - iTunes, WinAmp, Camtasia, VLC Player, Google Chrome, MS Office, Paint.NET, Firefox and Carbonite. I had Panda Antivirus installed but just removed it thinking it might be using too much resources. So for an antivirus, all I'm using now is Windows Defender which is included with Win8.

So the problem I have is that quite often I'll get audio distortion and a lag on the screen while using the mouse. Sometimes, I may just be listening to music on iTunes or on Pandora while not doing anything else on the computer and still get the distortion.

Any ideas on what might be causing the problem?

Thank you so much.
Nat
a b à CPUs
January 30, 2013 1:40:40 AM

I can't really tell you why it's doing thid but i can tell you that it's because of the integrated audio. It may be causing interference with the other ports (Maybe). The best solution would be to find a cheap Pci Sound Card. Sound will be way better :) 

- The Brownie
m
l
January 30, 2013 2:25:35 AM

Bromeh said:
I can't really tell you why it's doing thid but i can tell you that it's because of the integrated audio. It may be causing interference with the other ports (Maybe). The best solution would be to find a cheap Pci Sound Card. Sound will be way better :) 

- The Brownie

Thank you Bromeh. The computer has Beats Audio installed. It's supposed to be good. Do you think I will still get better audio and solve this problem with a pci sound card? (I'm a total newbie to this so please excuse me if my question is super basic.)

Nat
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 30, 2013 7:19:30 PM

NatCtree said:
Thank you Bromeh. The computer has Beats Audio installed. It's supposed to be good. Do you think I will still get better audio and solve this problem with a pci sound card? (I'm a total newbie to this so please excuse me if my question is super basic.)

Nat

Not because it's a good brand "integrated audio" that it will be good. Just go for any pci sound card and that will solve your problem. You won't any such big quality difference if you buy a 10$ card but a 100$ should make you feel happy for the rest of your life :) 

- The Brownie
m
l
!