How To Customize Win Explorer in XP Pro

I am running Win XP Pro and would like to customize the appearance of
Win Explorer such that it: (A) Opens in an expanded fashion and (B)
starts at the top with the C drive.

I have tried these 2 options in the properties section (Target) and
neither works:

C:\Windows\explorer.exe /e,c:\ and

C:\Windows\Explorer.scf

Any new suggestions for making this work for XP Pro ?

Thanks,

Brian
2 answers Last reply
More about customize explorer

    Try this:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;257518

    How to Have Windows Explorer Default to the %SystemRoot% Drive When Started

    Create or modify your existing shorcut to read:

    %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,

    This will cause Windows Explorer to open to the drive that XP is installed
    on.
    --
    Curt,

    'The way is open to those who would see'

    "Brian" <brian@arc.net> wrote in message
    >I am running Win XP Pro and would like to customize the appearance of
    > Win Explorer such that it: (A) Opens in an expanded fashion and (B)
    > starts at the top with the C drive.
    >
    > I have tried these 2 options in the properties section (Target) and
    > neither works:
    >
    > C:\Windows\explorer.exe /e,c:\ and
    >
    > C:\Windows\Explorer.scf
    >
    > Any new suggestions for making this work for XP Pro ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Brian

    I read the link and tried your suggestion with no luck. In the
    Shortcut properties box of Win Explorer there is a TARGET area and a
    START IN area. If I follow your instructions re: the TARGET area,
    what goes in the START IN area?

    Thank you,

    Brian

    On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:50:58 -0500, "Curt" <no-no@no-time.com> wrote:

    >Try this:
    >
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;257518
    >
    >How to Have Windows Explorer Default to the %SystemRoot% Drive When Started
    >
    >Create or modify your existing shorcut to read:
    >
    >%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,
    >
    >This will cause Windows Explorer to open to the drive that XP is installed
    >on.

Configuration Windows Explorer Explorer Customization Windows XP