Two mouse settings?

Hi,

I have a laptop with a trackpad, but also sometimes use an external mouse.
Is it possible to reverse the buttons on the external mouse, but leave them
non-reversed on the trackpad?

I use the external mouse left-handed, but use the trackpad with my right, so
I don't want to have the buttons globally reversed. Also, reversing the
buttons globally makes tapping the trackpad right-click instead of click.

Thanks much,
-Isaac
2 answers Last reply
More about mouse settings

    On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:51:02 +0100, Isaac wrote
    (in article <5F88C34A-A2D8-450F-8F64-1FB484871E8E@microsoft.com>):

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a laptop with a trackpad, but also sometimes use an external mouse.
    > Is it possible to reverse the buttons on the external mouse, but leave them
    > non-reversed on the trackpad?
    >
    > I use the external mouse left-handed, but use the trackpad with my right, so
    > I don't want to have the buttons globally reversed. Also, reversing the
    > buttons globally makes tapping the trackpad right-click instead of click.
    >
    > Thanks much,
    > -Isaac

    Use the software supplied with the mouse.

    > Use the software supplied with the mouse.

    I am. The mouse is a Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical, and the software
    shipped with the mouse seems to simply be "Microsoft Mouse". (I
    uninstalled/reinstalled to be sure, but with the same results.)

    If I plug in the mouse and open the configuration program, I see the
    IntelliMouse Optical as the connected device and can configure it. The
    trackpad is not availabe to be configured. If I unplug the mouse and open
    the program the reverse is true: I see the trackpad, but no mouse to
    configure.

    Either way, if I swtich the settings for one, the changes are applied
    globaly; all of my pointing devices pick up any changes I make to one.

    Any other suggestions?

    Thanks much,
    -Isaac

Configuration Mice Microsoft Customization Windows XP