I lost my windows bar

andyk

Help! The bar at the bottom of my windows desktop is gone! I tried to see if
it was just out of sight and tried to drag it back, but it's just gone. Can
someone tell me how to get it back? It's the bar that has the windows button,
time/date, etc. Thank you!

Right click the taskbar > Properties > Taskbar tab. Uuncheck "Auto-hide the
taskbar".

In news:DD215C21-E1DC-4F1F-810C-8BE7EBA6C5D2@microsoft.com,
CurtB <CurtB@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Right click the taskbar > Properties > Taskbar tab. Uuncheck
> "Auto-hide the taskbar".

He can't find the taskbar. Telling him to right-click on the
taskbar to fix the problem isn't much help.

Andy, this may be what you tried, but just in case it's
different, let me explain the following:

The taskbar is a resizable window and you can resize it down to
zero. That may be what you inadvertently did. Try moving your
mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen and wiggling it slightly
up and down until it turns into a two-headed arrow. If it does
become a two-headed arrow click and drag upward until it becomes
the size you want.

It's also possible that you both resized it to zero and dragged
it to another side of the screen, so if that doesn't work, also
try the same thing on the other three sides.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> "AndyK" wrote:
>
>> Help! The bar at the bottom of my windows desktop is gone! I
>> tried
>> to see if it was just out of sight and tried to drag it back,
>> but
>> it's just gone. Can someone tell me how to get it back? It's
>> the
>> bar that has the windows button, time/date, etc. Thank you!

Ken, You are correct. I should have read more carefully.

In news:19CB8B76-FBBB-4C5A-97AF-F9EC660D2AC5@microsoft.com,
CurtB <CurtB@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Ken, You are correct. I should have read more carefully.

OK, not a big deal, Curt. We all sometimes don't read carefully
enough.

AndyK wrote:
> Help! The bar at the bottom of my windows desktop is gone! I tried
> to see if it was just out of sight and tried to drag it back, but
> it's just gone. Can someone tell me how to get it back? It's the bar
> that has the windows button, time/date, etc. Thank you!

Windows key + Tab key

--
Remove nospam in email