Sign in with
Your question

Will all these computer parts work together?

Last response: in Systems
September 16, 2012 5:58:00 AM
September 16, 2012 10:58:52 AM

There are several things which would have to be changed, especially that c**p power supply. Raidmax are just about the worst. To be honest, though, it's possible to put together a much better gaming system, overall, for at least similar money. If you let us know your overall budget, and what size/resolution monitor you want, I sure we can put something better, together, for you. An idea of a couple of the games you particularly want to play, can help decide the best options. Also, are you limited to using Newegg, for EVERYTHING, or are you happy with other sites, for some things.
September 16, 2012 12:24:13 PM

please use the template for how to ask for build advice. also, use this site to list your parts

pcpartpicker.com

or just state the following

budget
parts not required
overclocking?
SLI
usage of the build
we can build better rigs than fx
Related resources
September 16, 2012 8:26:47 PM

malbluff said:
There are several things which would have to be changed, especially that c**p power supply. Raidmax are just about the worst. To be honest, though, it's possible to put together a much better gaming system, overall, for at least similar money. If you let us know your overall budget, and what size/resolution monitor you want, I sure we can put something better, together, for you. An idea of a couple of the games you particularly want to play, can help decide the best options. Also, are you limited to using Newegg, for EVERYTHING, or are you happy with other sites, for some things.

I want my overall budget to be around $800. Including tax, shipping, etc. I want the monitor to be around 22" area. I want to be able to play BF3 on high, or maybe even ultra. But high is still good. I want to use the pc for surfing the web, editing videos, and playing games, (high setting). I am fine with whichever website, as long as it gives me a good product for a good price. The cheaper the better. Thank you very much. I am willing to spend around $50-$100 extra for the monitor. Please respond ASAP.
September 16, 2012 10:44:19 PM

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hF6Y

its more but it will perform much better than what you posted (the 7750 will only play games at medium high. mine can do ultra no problem)
September 16, 2012 11:33:09 PM

TheBigTroll said:

its more but it will perform much better than what you posted (the 7750 will only play games at medium high. mine can do ultra no problem)

does the monitor have monitor-lag? I want a very responsive monitor.
September 16, 2012 11:40:20 PM

TheBigTroll said:

If I'm reading OP's budget right, only slightly. Needs to add in keyboard, and sound card. Takes it to $940, but think he's saying $800 + $100 (for monitor), so only $40, over. Miles better than original in gaming.
I was looking at something using i5, but with HD7850, works out about $40 dollars more. The Big Troll's build probably better in gaming, tho' i5 would give benefit, in some stuff.
September 16, 2012 11:58:26 PM

Also, what about the sound card and cpu cooler?
September 17, 2012 12:38:37 AM

1: you dont need a cpu cooler
2: you dont need a sound card

September 17, 2012 1:06:33 AM

TheBigTroll said:
1: you dont need a cpu cooler
2: you dont need a sound card

Wait, why don't i need a cpu cooler? Isn't it better to keep the cpu cool.
September 17, 2012 1:35:36 AM

Paolo_002 said:
Wait, why don't i need a cpu cooler? Isn't it better to keep the cpu cool.

CPU comes with a cooler. You only need aftermarket cooler with unlocked chips, if you are going to overclock. Onboard sound is pretty good, so you probably won't need sound card. I ould suggest "suck it and see". You can always add sound card later, if you find onboard sound isn't good enough, for you.
You can use 1600MHz RAM, with that mobo/CPU combination.
September 17, 2012 1:53:27 AM

Alright. Thank you verymuch.
!