Sign in with
Your question

Driver Power State Failure

Last response: in Windows 8
January 29, 2013 1:07:53 PM

Need some help with "Driver Power State Failure" blue screen. Reviewing past post, it appears to be a variety of problem. Been getting this every 10-15 minutes yesterday, overnight system crashed and would not reboot until I removed power and my battery on my Toshiba laptop. Been running OK this morning but just got an error on execution of rundll32.exe saying there was a reference error between 0x1840332e and 0xa7f8f590.

Way past my expertise. Seems like it might be an actual memory stick problem overall. Any help?
a b * Windows 8
January 29, 2013 1:26:20 PM

If you can place a minidump file on the cloud somewhere I can look at it in a debugger.
you could also run whocrashed.exe and sometimes that is useful.

my initial guess is some device driver is not low power or sleep mode aware and bugchecks when it attempts to sleep. you can enter control panel power options and tell the system not to sleep to work around this type of issues. I think if I remember correctly I looked a Toshiba system a month ago. It had a accelerometer device that was casued a bugcheck when it tried to sleep.

m
l
January 29, 2013 3:24:37 PM

johnbl said:
If you can place a minidump file on the cloud somewhere I can look at it in a debugger.
you could also run whocrashed.exe and sometimes that is useful.

my initial guess is some device driver is not low power or sleep mode aware and bugchecks when it attempts to sleep. you can enter control panel power options and tell the system not to sleep to work around this type of issues. I think if I remember correctly I looked a Toshiba system a month ago. It had a accelerometer device that was casued a bugcheck when it tried to sleep.

Here are two links to minidump files. I appreciate your help.

https://www.box.com/s/zfgj1tmcek39k6vy4p22
https://www.box.com/s/dy5fqajxycs8l8o5b1a1
m
l
a b * Windows 8
January 29, 2013 3:55:48 PM

it looks like you are running a old build from july 25 2012. this build is set to expire and be blocked. The error you got indicated that winlogon exited. You should install the release build.

ntkrnlmp.exe Wed Jul 25 19:32:43 2012 all of your base drivers are dated July 25.

I think some timer is up for the beta release and winlogon exits and causes your bugcheck. You might be able to change your system date and get it to boot. (unplug from internet first)
m
l
!