Shaman and 2h weapons

Where do I learn 2h? I'm orc shaman lvl 14 and I wanted to learn 2h axes ( I
saw an orc shaman with it) but I cant use them. I tried the weapon trainers
but they dont want to teach me. The only 2h I can have are staves.
ty

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

3 possibilities:

- U are to low lvl (dont know if u can learn axes only after lvl 20 or
so?!?)
- its a talent in talent tree (really dont think so.. but it could be)
- u were at wrong weapon trainer. u need to visit the one in Thunder
bluff, the TWO in orgrimmar (both standing side to side) and the one in
Undercity. then u should have learned all weapon skills u can learn

BTW, what's better, 2h axes or maces? Being druid, my impression was
that maces are better then staves in the midgame (Rakzor Club, Viscous
Hammer), and after that staves are better all the way (they basically
have the same or better DPS and always better stats).

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Night Elf wrote:
> Where do I learn 2h? I'm orc shaman lvl 14 and I wanted to learn 2h
> axes ( I saw an orc shaman with it) but I cant use them. I tried the
> weapon trainers but they dont want to teach me. The only 2h I can
> have are staves. ty

Two-Handed Axes and Maces is a talent in the Enhancement tree.

desktop at home dot se

It's all dependent on the weapon whether or not that mace is better
than that axe or staff.

At 54 I'm using the 2-handerd Gatorbite Axe I got off of Rotgrip in
Maraudon.

I picked up a Blanchard's Stout, 2-handed mace, in the Auction House.
I used this before I got the axe.

I got the Resurgence Rod reward for completing something in Maraudon,
but I don't care for it much. I'll use to keep staff skill up.

I don't use 1-handed axes.

When I equip my shield, Gizlock's Hypertech Buckler, drop in Maraudon
off a goblin Gizlock, 1800+ armor and some stat bonuses including +5
mana regen, I still wield my Hammer of Righteousness that I got in the
Scarlet Monastery. It's got a bonus to healing. (If I'm tanking I'm
more interesting in healing than damaging.)

You'll want 2-handed weapons for the dps, but you'll want a great
shield and a 1-hander for other times.

I'm not an instance farmer so I'm not sure if there's better stuff out
there for me, but I'm happy running with what I've got.

On 2005-09-16 08:18:55 +0200, "Night Elf" <email@hotmail.com> said:

> Where do I learn 2h? I'm orc shaman lvl 14 and I wanted to learn 2h
> axes ( I saw an orc shaman with it) but I cant use them. I tried the
> weapon trainers but they dont want to teach me. The only 2h I can have
> are staves.
> ty

In the Enhancement tree, there is a Tier 3 talent called ' Two-Handed
Axes and Maces', this might be what you are looking for ;-)
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

"Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> wrote in message
> Night Elf wrote:
>> Where do I learn 2h? I'm orc shaman lvl 14 and I wanted to learn 2h
>> axes ( I saw an orc shaman with it) but I cant use them. I tried the
>> weapon trainers but they dont want to teach me. The only 2h I can
>> have are staves. ty
>
> Two-Handed Axes and Maces is a talent in the Enhancement tree.
>
> desktop at home dot se

(You'll need a total of 11 talent points spent in Enhancements...I'm lvl19,
nearly lvl20 and I'm so close to 2H maces....oh I can taste it. So yes. I
haven't spent points anywhere else, either. So I would assume the earliest
you can get it would be at lvl20. But don't quote me on that.)

Moron.. Yes? Shamans can learn 2handed axe / mace from orgrimmar weapon trainer at lvl 10

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Hey moron yourself, it used to be a talent on the 3rd tier for shammies so the poster you quoted was correct....and this thread is as old as the game itself ^^