Is this a good Mobo/CPU combo?

madmike59

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Im building a simple low budged computer but want to know if this is a good combo. Besides my (IMHO) POS Sony laptop, i have never had a AMD CPU, so here it is,

MSI 970A-G46 AMD 9 Series Motherboard

and the

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition AM3

If you have any help or suggestions id appreciate it.

Thanks,
madmike

socialfox

Distinguished
Seems like a good combo, however you should post the prices you are buying those two parts for, perhaps we can find you a cheaper alternative if possible. Also are you overclocking? If so you may want to invest in a CPU cooler. Lastly, what is this computer going to be used for?

madmike59

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Computer will be used for main day to day, more so in a business environment. So no on the overclocking, I found the Mobo for $80 and the CPU for $100.

I need something that will last a long time and Ill be running Win 7 on it. I was planning on throwing some Consar Vengeance DDR3 at it also, 8gb.

Anything else just let me know. New to site so not 100% sure what all you guys like to see on here.

Thanks,
madmike59

madmike59

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
PS. I noticed that the AMD didnt have internal gfx so i was going to put a - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5450 GV-R545-1GI Video Card - for $35 in the comp so i have some basic graphics,

Either that or a ZOTAC ZT-20313-10L Synergy GeForce 210 Video Card for $15 but idk if i want to go super cheap cuz i want something that will last a few years, not that its going to be a gaming comp.

socialfox

Distinguished

Nope you wont need a seperate card, It has the HD 3000 which is quite good just for desktop usage, and browsing through the internet. So it would be great decision for a business computer while saving quite a bit of money. If you feel the urge to get a discrete video card you can do so by utilizing the PCI-E slot.

TRENDING THREADS