Hey i just bought the vishera 8 core and was wondering which BIOS update i should do..
Biostar 990fxe is the mb... i'm assuming I have to do the first one considering it says support vishera cpu, just double checking cause i've never update BIOS before. And as far as the updating goes, load it to usb and restart computer from the usb and update it like that?
99FAD905.BST Update AGESA code to support Vishera CPU 2048 KB 2012-09-05
99FAD308.BST Improve memory compatibility, update PXE ROM 2048 KB 2012-03-08
99FADB24.BST Support Nvidia SLI function 2048 KB 2011-11-24
99FAD907.BST Initial BIOS 2048 KB 2011-09-07
PS other users said the vishera 8350 was compatible right out of the box without a bios update.. so wondering if i even need the update
3. Open BIOS Update Utility and click the Update BIOS button on the main screen.
4. A warning message will show up to request your agreement to start the BIOS update. Click Yes to start the update procedure.
5. Choose the location for your BIOS file in the system. Please select the proper BIOS file, and then click on Open. It will take several minutes, please be patient.
6. After the BIOS Update process is finished, click on OK to reboot the system.
7. While the system boots up and the full screen logo shows up, please press the <Delete> key to enter BIOS setup. After entering the BIOS setup, please go to the Save & Exit, using the Restore Defaults function to load Optimized Defaults, and select Save Changes and Reset to restart the computer. Then, the BIOS Update is completed.