DaRoX

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Helloo!

I was planing on overclocking my CPU Intel i5-3550.
I know it's not a "k" model so i cant change my multiplier, but i've read that i can change my "turbo settings"??
While i was scrolling trough my BIOS i could not find any want to change that. :(
I added a couple of pictures to guide me where to click :)

Afterwards if i'm ever able to overclock it i was planning on buying a liquid cooled CPU heat sink,
Corsair h20-h100, any advice which one of those would be enough for my need would be fine to :).

Full Specs:
Intel i5-3550
Zotac GTX 560 ti amp
Asus P8H61-V ( Bios : 4302)
Corsair SSD 120gb
Kingston Hyper X
WD 1tb HDD

-Best regards DaRoX

DaRoX

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Well for now i wont do much whit any overclocking, but in the long run it would be helpful to know how to do it :)

The easiest way to overclock is to use one of our unlocked "K" processors like the Intel® Core™ i5-3570K. Matching it up with one of the performance Z75 or Z77 chipset based boards will allow you to change the multiplier in the Bios to have the processor run much faster. This is fairly safe and easy to do. However trying to overclock one of our other processors is possible but much harder. You have to overclock it by play with the BLCK settings. Most people save the headache by simply getting a unlocked "K" processor.

DaRoX

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

Thank you for you answer! just askin, in my case if i would like to overclock my CPU i would need to change the BLCK settings in some direction?