No sound mixer, no audio device error message

Hello,
I have just put in a new HDD and I used factory restore discs . now I have no audio. the audio chip does not even show up in devices, windows audio is enabled . audio is enabled in BIOS . the little speaker icon at bottom of screen is not there . am getting an error saying there is no mixer . please help
4 answers Last reply
More about sound mixer audio device error message
  1. specs ?
  2. Brett928S2 said:
    specs ?

I have
    an HP pavilion m7674n
    XP media center .
    the discs are : ms XP media center edition 2005 with update rollup 2 ( 2 discs )
    and a 3rd disc called : HP media center PC supplemental recovery disc

the sound chip was Realtek ... now it literally doesn seem to exist . its not a card per se so i assume its on the mb ?

I have DLd the driver form the realtek page and have tried to DL something callesd : microsoft universal audio architecture high definition audio busdriver and so far nothing .

do you need any other specs ?
  3. Hi :)

Get the sound driver from HP SUPPORT ...NOT from Realtek...

All the best Brett :)
  4. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

Get the sound driver from HP SUPPORT ...NOT from Realtek...

All the best Brett :)

OK in the download process I get this error from the HP drivers page for my specific PC :

Your system must have the microsoft universal audio architecture high definition audio bus driver before you can install the Realtek high definition audio drivers .......

however I am unable to DL those ms drivers

EDIT -- ok i see it in a folder on my drive called : SWSetup ... and am lost .. now what ?
Ask a new question

Read More

Audio Devices Error Message Factory Restore Components