Sup3r0taku

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
So my current build is
CPU: AMD FX-8120
MOBO: ASRock 970 Extreme4
RAM: 8gb(4x2gb)
GPU; GTX 570

I am going to upgrading to an SSD in august and am considering upgrading my GPU as well, but I am not sure if I really need to at this point. My PC runs everything that I throw at it. I use it mainly for gaming, Blacklight, BF3, D3, WoW, ect. If I upgrade I want the GTX 680 but don't know if I really need it yet. So what I am wondering is, is it really worth it for my to spend $500 dollars on the GTX 680 now or should I just wait until my PC starts struggling?

Also any other upgrade suggestion are appreciated.

fastreaction

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
Actually you just gave the answer.
"My PC runs everything that I throw at it".

If you don't mind spending 500 dollars for a great gpu go for it but since you are able to play your games atm it is questionable if it is really needed.

+1 ;)

Deeks

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
I am in the same position!! all though i think i am going to wait until the 7xx series come out before i start putting anything into it. All though the 5xx series to the 6xx series was a big jump in comparison from the 4xx series to 5xx series i think its worth the wait.

Random3000

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
As the others have said, I would wait for the next gen to come out. But if you do choose to upgrade now, go with the 670 over the 680, because the price increase is not anywhere near worth the performance upgrade. And the 670 will play every game in existence perfectly (I think). Don't hold me to that though :)

I don't think it is worth the upgrade. The GTX570 is an excellent card and is only 1 generation old.

Upgrading is a never ending process. I think it is important to set limits and only do it every so often. I know how addicting it can be. I have been down that road before.

G

Yea, wait til` you need it. I can confirm the 670 plays all games. Do I have them all? No, but I play the demanding ones just fine i.e. BF3 on ultra, Crysis 2, GTA4 w/latest mod

I really like this card. I upgraded to an i5 2500k & 670 from a 965 BE & 6870. The difference is more than expected.