Could you verify my components?

TheNewGuy0598

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Hi guys,
Im thinking of building my own gaming rig
This what i have in mind. I wanted your opinion if its components are compatible and if its good.
Components:
Proccesor:Intel Core i7-3820
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Video Card: Nvidia (ASUS) GTX660 Ti 2GB
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM
Optical Drive: LG Black Blu-Ray/DVD
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast TX750 750w
*Case: Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX MID tower
RAM: Corsair Vengance 8GB (2 x 4GB)

*(could change depending on your opinion on whats best)
Sorry for my english im Puerto Rican :p

Solution
i7-3820 won't work with that motherboard. If you really want i7 (no advantage for gaming) get i7-3770K, or if i5 is ok get i5-3570K. In either case get a Z77 motherboard. The Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 is a good one. If you don't want to overclock CPU, there are cheaper alternatives. You also don't need 750w power supply unless you plan on SLi for surround vision. If you confirm if you really do want i7, and whether you want to overclock, can do part list for you.

malbluff

Honorable
i7-3820 won't work with that motherboard. If you really want i7 (no advantage for gaming) get i7-3770K, or if i5 is ok get i5-3570K. In either case get a Z77 motherboard. The Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 is a good one. If you don't want to overclock CPU, there are cheaper alternatives. You also don't need 750w power supply unless you plan on SLi for surround vision. If you confirm if you really do want i7, and whether you want to overclock, can do part list for you.

Solution