Need advice for a videocard to purchase!

Triple_X30

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Hello all!

Looking to purchase a video card for my new computer build. I am stuck between the HD 7850 or the nVidia 560 Ti. Which one would be the better card? I want this computer to be able to run Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on max settings and may be also playing some BF3 (which I would also like to run on high settings). I will also be doing some photo/video rendering with this computer. Please help!

Specs of new comp build:
i5 2500K (planning to OC to ~4.5 Ghz)
8GB Kingston HyperX Ram
ASUS P8Z68V-LX MOBO
120GB Crucial M4 SSD
650W Corsair PSU

I also plan to OC the graphics card as well.

Solution
7850 will be better. It has more Vram and it is newer. You can only crossfire 2 with both of them. The difference in frame rate I can't imagine would be to substantial but the 7850 is more future because it has twice as much ram and is just a newer card. The 7850 uses one six pin so it also uses a lot less power. I have a 560ti and it is a good card but I don't know why you would pick one over a 7850 as they are about the same price. One problem I heard with the 7000 series though is that there are some problems with crossfire.

Triple_X30

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
I'm just a little hesitant to buy an AMD card when I've been with nVidia for over a decade now. I'm just a bit brand loyal lol. Also, I've read a some threads that are a few months old regarding driver issues with the 7850. Does anyone know if there are still issues going on with this?

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
7850 will be better. It has more Vram and it is newer. You can only crossfire 2 with both of them. The difference in frame rate I can't imagine would be to substantial but the 7850 is more future because it has twice as much ram and is just a newer card. The 7850 uses one six pin so it also uses a lot less power. I have a 560ti and it is a good card but I don't know why you would pick one over a 7850 as they are about the same price. One problem I heard with the 7000 series though is that there are some problems with crossfire.

Solution
The 7850 is a great card, try to buy one with 1gb of memory if you want to save a bit of money since you wouldn't really need more at 1080p or lower.

CS:GO will max out on much less powerful cards than either of them so thats no problem. BF3 will run better on the 7850 for sure.