Upgrade GeForce 9300 GE to what??

bebbjo

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
I currently have an HP Pavilion desk top. Model number m9517c. I am currently running a GeForce 9300 GE graphics card in it. The fan has went out and we are needing to update it. I am not sure where to begin looking or what kind I should get.
My husband plays World of Warcraft and currently is getting 2 fps with our current graphics card. We don't need a huge elaborate one but need something that his game play will be optimal as well as my studying.
I had been interested in upgrading to a Nvidia GeForce 550Ti but had been told that it was above what I need due to the model and performance of my pc. So I began looking at the Radeon 7750. I am not sure what to compare or even look for in a graphics card. They have some for $30 and others for $400.
As stated above I don't need an elaborate one just one that will allow my husband to play WOW with high fps and not much lag.
Any advice to point me in the direction of what I should be looking for or any recommendations on what we should get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!