Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Problem with Razer mouse. Suggestions?

Last response: in Components
Share
January 30, 2013 11:30:16 PM

Hey guys,

I recently built a computer following some of the advice from users on this site, and bought the Razer Taipan along with it.

I absolutely love the mouse, except I have a strange issue on startup; the mouse consistently freezes up every few seconds for about 10 of 15 mins after boot, gradually getting better. Once that point has past, it runs perfectly for the duration of its use, until I boot up my computer the next day.

While frozen, tasks in the background still run normally, but I cannot move the mouse at all, nor can I click anything. After about 5 mins the frequency of the freezing reduces to once every 10 seconds or so, leaving me at least able to use my computer, but extremely frustrated.

I've looked around and found nothing useful on this problem.. I've re-installed drivers, installed and uninstalled synapse 2.0 at the suggestion of random internet people, but nothing seems to do the trick! As a note, when I restart my computer after attempting these fixes, the problem appears to go away, but when I do a boot after leaving the machine off for hours, the problem returns.

Has anyone heard of this before? Is my mouse just fucked, or is there something that is happening on startup that is killing it.

If it helps at all I have a gigabyte Z77 motherboard with Nvidia 640 video, running windows 7 on an SSD dual booted with linux
January 31, 2013 4:34:13 AM

frownigami said:
Hey guys,

I recently built a computer following some of the advice from users on this site, and bought the Razer Taipan along with it.

I absolutely love the mouse, except I have a strange issue on startup; the mouse consistently freezes up every few seconds for about 10 of 15 mins after boot, gradually getting better. Once that point has past, it runs perfectly for the duration of its use, until I boot up my computer the next day.

While frozen, tasks in the background still run normally, but I cannot move the mouse at all, nor can I click anything. After about 5 mins the frequency of the freezing reduces to once every 10 seconds or so, leaving me at least able to use my computer, but extremely frustrated.

I've looked around and found nothing useful on this problem.. I've re-installed drivers, installed and uninstalled synapse 2.0 at the suggestion of random internet people, but nothing seems to do the trick! As a note, when I restart my computer after attempting these fixes, the problem appears to go away, but when I do a boot after leaving the machine off for hours, the problem returns.

Has anyone heard of this before? Is my mouse just fucked, or is there something that is happening on startup that is killing it.

If it helps at all I have a gigabyte Z77 motherboard with Nvidia 640 video, running windows 7 on an SSD dual booted with linux


I've had that problem using the synaspe 2.0 when I uninstall it I never have a problem with it. I have a deathadder and it only happens when I have the synaspe installed. Try uninstalling it completely and see if you still have the problem.
m
1
l
January 31, 2013 6:11:37 PM

Find older software and ditch the synapse. I have a Razer Naga Epic, and I've had weird issues as well. Not like yours, but switching to the older non-synapse software works great, no problems since.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 31, 2013 7:44:01 PM

Thanks guys, I'll try again after work. If I still cannot fix the problem I may just exchange mice.

Ill let you know if I ever do find a solution
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 8:04:44 PM

frownigami said:
Thanks guys, I'll try again after work. If I still cannot fix the problem I may just exchange mice.

Ill let you know if I ever do find a solution


Even whatever the OS installs when the mouse is connected is better than using the synaspe software, like what I said and the others is just having nothing but problems with that software.
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 8:14:08 PM

The thing is I remember downloading synapse when I was looking for a solution to this problem.
I guess its possible I installed something from a cd the mouse came with without thinking anything of it, and now here I am. I'll take a deeper look when I get home
m
0
l
July 29, 2013 2:00:05 AM

Did you ever solve this? I'm having the same issue with my Raizer Taipan.
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 4:39:09 PM

I'm also using a Gigabyte Z77 board, with Synapse 2.0 installed with a Taipan, I seem to have the same problems that you are having, has there been a solution for this?
m
0
l
August 20, 2013 2:09:18 AM

I have been having this problem forever and could not figure it out until I found this on the razer support site.

My Razer product does not work at startup after a cold start, what should I do?
Make sure that USB ports are not in hibernation mode. Please go to your Windows “Device Manager” and click the + sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Click on any “Root Hub” and select “Properties.” Click the Power Management tab and ensure that “Allow computer to turn off this device to save power” is not checked and proceed to do this under each Root Hub. Also, from the Control Panel and Power Options, select the Hibernation Tab and deselect “Enable hibernate support.”

After trying this it works fine on a cold boot. Hope this helps!
m
2
l
October 5, 2013 7:38:07 AM

I have Taipan mouse and Deathstalker keyboard and have same problems with both and “Enable hibernate support.” is not checked.
m
0
l
October 18, 2013 5:47:17 AM

I have the same problems with the Razer taipan (see frownigami)
Is there a solution yet,iam so sick of this.
m
0
l
October 18, 2013 5:55:23 AM

I need to restart 2-3 time after every coold boot until my keyboard start to work and mouse move perfect ... i can't understand way is so hard to make a driver theat work... every other 10 dolar keyboard work perfect so what is so hard for this one ???
m
0
l
October 21, 2013 3:12:17 AM

Hi all

I have a Razer Taipan which has exactly the same problem as described by frownigami. I also tried to re-install drivers, uninstall Razer Synapse etc. Nothing worked. It is not a driver problem. The problem seems to be a Windows setup problem, related to power settings. t57socks suggested to change the settings in Windows as follows, and that did the trick. I no longer have the problem:
Quote:

Please go to your Windows Device Manager” and click the + sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Click on any “Root Hub” and select “Properties.” Click the Power Management tab and ensure that “Allow computer to turn off this device to save power” is not checked and proceed to do this under each Root Hub. Also, from the Control Panel and Power Options, select the Hibernation Tab and deselect “Enable hibernate support.


FYI I run my Razer Taipan on a Windows 7 PC.

So, thanks a lot to t57socks for providing a solution to this very annoying problem, which I have been struggling with for months now like the rest of you.

frownigami said:
Hey guys,

I recently built a computer following some of the advice from users on this site, and bought the Razer Taipan along with it.

I absolutely love the mouse, except I have a strange issue on startup; the mouse consistently freezes up every few seconds for about 10 of 15 mins after boot, gradually getting better. Once that point has past, it runs perfectly for the duration of its use, until I boot up my computer the next day.

While frozen, tasks in the background still run normally, but I cannot move the mouse at all, nor can I click anything. After about 5 mins the frequency of the freezing reduces to once every 10 seconds or so, leaving me at least able to use my computer, but extremely frustrated.

I've looked around and found nothing useful on this problem.. I've re-installed drivers, installed and uninstalled synapse 2.0 at the suggestion of random internet people, but nothing seems to do the trick! As a note, when I restart my computer after attempting these fixes, the problem appears to go away, but when I do a boot after leaving the machine off for hours, the problem returns.

Has anyone heard of this before? Is my mouse just fucked, or is there something that is happening on startup that is killing it.

If it helps at all I have a gigabyte Z77 motherboard with Nvidia 640 video, running windows 7 on an SSD dual booted with linux
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 2:43:34 AM

Hi,
I have the same problem with my Razer Taipan. I'm trying with the solution suggested (the USB ibernation mode for windows).
In any case if you try to remove the mouse from USB port and than put in you will solve the problem.
It's a fastidious procedure but it works. Waiting to solve the problem permanently!
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 9:47:59 AM

Sorry for the dead links. I don't remember exactly what they were as this was a year ago, but I believe they were along the same lines as t57socks (hibernation and power save issues). Didn't work for me although it seems some people have had success with it.

For the past year I've been doing what Unnilennium suggested; unplugging my mouse before I start my computer, wait for windows to boot fully, then plug it back in. I'm left with a minute of jittery mouse movements or so, not awful but I would be glad to get rid of it.
m
0
l
February 17, 2014 6:00:36 PM

I too, would love an answer.

I've had problems with both of my Razer peripherals (Taipan & BlackWidow), and all of it revolved around power states. My Razer Taipan would be very laggy after a cold boot, and after waking from sleep... but otherwise would work perfectly. My BlackWidow would work around 75% of the time, but other times I would encounter issues like stuck/non-working keys that would require me to unplug my keyboard. My computer also refused to sleep on its own, even though I had set it to do so.

Tried everything I could think of and Razer Support seems just a stumped as I am (they were worthless). I eventually learned to deal with the issues, but I've had the same issues for over a year. The odd thing is this only happens on my Z87-based systems. On my older 990FX system, both of the Razer devices work fine.


Anyway... today I changed my keyboard from the BlackWidow to a WASD V2 MX Brown keyboard (my wife complained about the clicky MX Blue keys). And all of a sudden my computer sleeps on its own for the first time in over a year and the keyboard works 100% flawlessly. Tried a generic $15 Super-Walmart-Super-Special-Mouse ( ;)  ) and it works perfectly as well. So obviously there is something going on with Razer hardware.

To be honest I love my Razer mouse when it is working properly. But I am tempted to get a non-Razer mouse after having such awesome results with a non-Razer keyboard. I've been dealing with this problem for over a year now, and it is getting really old having to crawl under my desk every time I want to work on my computer.


EDIT:
Oh, almost forgot. Enabling "ErP Support" in my BIOS settings prevents my mouse from lagging after a cold boot. I assume this is because all power is cut to the mouse when the PC is shut down while ErP is enable. (Enabling ErP turns off functions like Power On by Mouse/Keyboard & Wake On LAN.) That might help fix the problem a lot of you have. Unfortunately doesn't solve the mouse problem when waking from sleep. And I need my PC to sleep--can't have it pulling 200-300 watts all day long.
m
1
l
February 23, 2014 7:32:51 AM

Enabling "ErP Support" in my BIOS settings was the solution so far as Ragnar-Kon suggested. I've been having this problem for about a year now, and this finally did the trick.
m
1
l
March 1, 2014 10:31:04 AM

Hi my Razer Taipan doesnt light up anymore after installing the synapse 2.0. Ive uninstalled the software but it still wont work. Why does this happen?
m
0
l
May 10, 2014 4:11:45 AM

Effiekhalnar said:
Hi my Razer Taipan doesnt light up anymore after installing the synapse 2.0. Ive uninstalled the software but it still wont work. Why does this happen?


Firstly, You should check the Light tab in the Synapse menu. If You wanna light up, all options in this tab should be "ON", i.e. scroll wheel ON, logo ON. Secondly, the option "Switch all device lighting to OFF..." below light options, should be deselected. However, your mouse should light up independently of Synapse software.

ps. sorry for my english
m
0
l
!