Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Need help with getting my computer to recognize my card!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 28, 2012 11:31:49 PM

I bought a new graphics card and a new PSU and put it into my comp with a integrated graphics card. I cant get my new card to show up on my device manager to were i can disable the old integrated card and enable the new one. I forgot that my integrated graphics was vga and i need to get a dvi to plug into my monitor, but shouldnt my card still be recognized right now even without having my graphics card plugged into my monitor?
a c 92 U Graphics card
July 28, 2012 11:44:31 PM

do you have the graphics card's power cord plugged in?

also where is your monitor plugged into?

anyways the option to disable onboard graphics should be in the bios.
Score
July 28, 2012 11:48:19 PM

esrever said:
do you have the graphics card's power cord plugged in?

also where is your monitor plugged into?

anyways the option to disable onboard graphics should be in the bios.

There is no cord to plug in the graphics card o.O only a psu thing to power the graphics card and it goes into my motherboard.

My monitor is plugged into my integrated right now because the vga cable does not fit into dvi obviously.

What are bios? And if i try to enable the graphics card will my screen be black because its not plugged into the monitor
Score
Related resources
a c 92 U Graphics card
July 28, 2012 11:51:30 PM

yes you will need the dvi connectors to make your graphics card run or else you will have a black screen.

the Bios is when you boot the computer and during it, it will tell you to press a button during boot for options. Generally this is Delete or F1 or something. There you can access some basic options for your computer provided by your motherboard.
Score
July 28, 2012 11:58:44 PM

esrever said:
yes you will need the dvi connectors to make your graphics card run or else you will have a black screen.

the Bios is when you boot the computer and during it, it will tell you to press a button during boot for options. Generally this is Delete or F1 or something. There you can access some basic options for your computer provided by your motherboard.

Once i deactivate the integrated garphics what do i activate, pcie or pci?
Score

Best solution

a c 92 U Graphics card
July 28, 2012 11:59:36 PM

should be the pci-e
July 29, 2012 12:28:56 AM

esrever said:
should be the pci-e

Alright thanks for the help! :D 
Score
July 29, 2012 12:29:10 AM

Best answer selected by richman16.