Be nice to do both. Given Haswell is due mid 2013, I would think it's best to change GPU now, and CPU/mobo, once Haswell's out, and it's clearer which is best way to go. By the way, I would look at GTX 670. Certainly better than HD7970, at your resolution. If you're planning upgrade to 2560x1600, then HD7970 may be better choice.
The thing is that i can get both cards at the same price, and no i don't plan on getting anything higher than 1080p any time soon. So i have decided it would be nice to get the graphic card but the problem now is which card.
GTX 670 or The 7970 OC sapphire /cuz i can find then at the same price/