Role Playing server vs Regular Server?

Whats the diffrence with playing on a Role Playing server?

Just the way the people interact.

RP=> Prayeth, wouldst thou like to sally forth and aid me in the
slaying of a might beast in the forest of Stranglethorn?

Non RP => guys i need some help killing the boss in STV?

And the rules for playing OOC are a little stricter in RP servers. Its
just a matter of preference

Caeryn Dryad of Whisperwind wrote:
> Just the way the people interact.
>
> RP=> Prayeth, wouldst thou like to sally forth and aid me in the
> slaying of a might beast in the forest of Stranglethorn?
>
> Non RP => guys i need some help killing the boss in STV?

I think he wants to know the actual difference, not the theoretical
difference.

Actual difference: not much.

Cheers!
David...

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:26:14 +1000, David Carson
<david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> wrote:

>Caeryn Dryad of Whisperwind wrote:
>> Just the way the people interact.
>>
>> RP=> Prayeth, wouldst thou like to sally forth and aid me in the
>> slaying of a might beast in the forest of Stranglethorn?
>>
>> Non RP => guys i need some help killing the boss in STV?
>
>I think he wants to know the actual difference, not the theoretical
>difference.
>
>Actual difference: not much.
>
>Cheers!
>David...

Yeah i was wondering if because of the intended differences if they
also made some changes in game mechanics and items?

mike allegretto wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:26:14 +1000, David Carson
> <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> wrote:
>>I think he wants to know the actual difference, not the theoretical
>>difference.
>>
>>Actual difference: not much.
>
> Yeah i was wondering if because of the intended differences if they
> also made some changes in game mechanics and items?

No, absolutely not. The only differences between RP and non-RP servers
are the codes of conduct, which may or not be enforced. There are no
game mechanic changes, not like there were on Everquest's RP servers.

Cheers!
David...

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

there are no implementations of any other code on RP servers. but,
there SHOULD be other playing. u dont /w ppl (beside they stand near
u), u dont "know" their name if they didnt tell ya. u dont use
guildchat (i.e. communication over big distance).
that would be a 100% RP gaming. Many ppl play like this: if u need an
info, u set sth before ur chatting, like "(out of role) where is the
boss of ... / i need help with the quest ......".