Color/Font Customization

August 13, 2005 6:35:37 AM

I am hoping there is a way to customize colors and fonts within
certain apps, games etc. For example, Solitaire in windows has small
fonts and a pretty bright green backgrounds. I have bad eyes and
bright backgrounds make it worse. Another example would be in Office
(Word, Excel etc) the white background, for me, appears to bright
(Office 2003). If there is some sort of third party software I would
need to accomplish this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Customize-Color-Font-Custo...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1354264
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 3:17:47 PM

I have the background for programs set to baby blue.

Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab |
Advanced button | Under Item: click the V to expand the menu |
Scroll down and select Application Background | Pick a color |
OK | Apply | OK

This will change the background for all apps, including Word...
Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab |
Advanced button | Under Item: click the V to expand the menu |
Scroll down and select Window | For backgound select Color 1 |
Pick a color | You can preview before you hit the Apply button |
OK your way out

My goodness, don't pick red!! ;-)

Also for Word...
Open Word | Tools | Options | General tab |
Select Blue background, white text | OK

[[Displays text as white characters on a blue background.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:3_1354264_3dc10ef4c07da2dd3805ee1462fc7555@windowsforumz.com,
RUMPLE <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:
> I am hoping there is a way to customize colors and fonts within
> certain apps, games etc. For example, Solitaire in windows has small
> fonts and a pretty bright green backgrounds. I have bad eyes and
> bright backgrounds make it worse. Another example would be in Office
> (Word, Excel etc) the white background, for me, appears to bright
> (Office 2003). If there is some sort of third party software I would
> need to accomplish this, please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance

> request Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> Topic URL:

http://www.windowsforumz.com/Customize-Color-Font-Custo...
August 13, 2005 11:35:53 PM

"" wrote:
> I have the background for programs set to baby blue.
>
> Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab |
> Advanced button | Under Item: click the V to expand the menu |
> Scroll down and select Application Background | Pick a color |
> OK | Apply | OK
>
> This will change the background for all apps, including
> Word...
> Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab |
> Advanced button | Under Item: click the V to expand the menu |
> Scroll down and select Window | For backgound select Color 1 |
> Pick a color | You can preview before you hit the Apply button
> |
> OK your way out
>
> My goodness, don't pick red!! ;-)
>
> Also for Word...
> Open Word | Tools | Options | General tab |
> Select Blue background, white text | OK
>
> [[Displays text as white characters on a blue background.]]
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In
> RUMPLE <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I am hoping there is a way to customize colors and fonts
> within
> > certain apps, games etc. For example, Solitaire in windows
> has small
> > fonts and a pretty bright green backgrounds. I have bad eyes
> and
> > bright backgrounds make it worse. Another example would be
> in Office
> > (Word, Excel etc) the white background, for me, appears to
> bright
> > (Office 2003). If there is some sort of third party software
> I would
> > need to accomplish this, please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request Articles individually checked for conformance to
> usenet standards
> > Topic URL:
> >
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Customize-Color-Font-Custo...
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1354264

Wes,

Thanks for your reply. That method does change the background of most
applications, however, not any of the windows games (solitaire,
freecell etc.). I could of sworn I’ve seen different backgrounds on
Solitaire before, so I think there is a way.

Thanks again,
August 13, 2005 11:35:54 PM

The first thing that I remove when I install Windows is the games. I know
nothing about games. Sorry.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:3_1355654_0f9938314935a89396ac37e95dfa7080@windowsforumz.com,
RUMPLE <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:
> "" wrote:
> > I have the background for programs set to baby blue.
> >
> > Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab |
> > Advanced button | Under Item: click the V to expand the menu |
> > Scroll down and select Application Background | Pick a color |
> > OK | Apply | OK
> >
> > This will change the background for all apps, including
> > Word...
> > Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab |
> > Advanced button | Under Item: click the V to expand the menu |
> > Scroll down and select Window | For backgound select Color 1 |
> > Pick a color | You can preview before you hit the Apply button
> > |
> > OK your way out
> >
> > My goodness, don't pick red!! ;-)
> >
> > Also for Word...
> > Open Word | Tools | Options | General tab |
> > Select Blue background, white text | OK
> >
> > [[Displays text as white characters on a blue background.]]
> >
> > --
> > Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >
> > Wes
> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >
> > In
> > RUMPLE <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:
> > > I am hoping there is a way to customize colors and fonts
> > within
> > > certain apps, games etc. For example, Solitaire in windows
> > has small
> > > fonts and a pretty bright green backgrounds. I have bad eyes
> > and
> > > bright backgrounds make it worse. Another example would be
> > in Office
> > > (Word, Excel etc) the white background, for me, appears to
> > bright
> > > (Office 2003). If there is some sort of third party software
> > I would
> > > need to accomplish this, please let me know.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > --
> > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > > request Articles individually checked for conformance to
> > usenet standards
> > > Topic URL:

http://www.windowsforumz.com/Customize-Color-Font-Custo...
> > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse:
> > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1354264
>
> Wes,
>
> Thanks for your reply. That method does change the background of most
> applications, however, not any of the windows games (solitaire,
> freecell etc.). I could of sworn I’ve seen different backgrounds on
> Solitaire before, so I think there is a way.
>

> Thanks again,
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 2:54:42 PM

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:35:53 +0100, RUMPLE wrote
(in article <3_1355654_0f9938314935a89396ac37e95dfa7080@windowsforumz.com>):

> "" wrote:
> > I have the background for programs set to baby blue.
> >
> > Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab |
> > Advanced button | Under Item: click the V to expand the menu |
> > Scroll down and select Application Background | Pick a color |
> > OK | Apply | OK
> >
> > This will change the background for all apps, including
> > Word...
> > Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab |
> > Advanced button | Under Item: click the V to expand the menu |
> > Scroll down and select Window | For backgound select Color 1 |
> > Pick a color | You can preview before you hit the Apply button
> > |
> > OK your way out
> >
> > My goodness, don't pick red!! ;-)
> >
> > Also for Word...
> > Open Word | Tools | Options | General tab |
> > Select Blue background, white text | OK
> >
> > [[Displays text as white characters on a blue background.]]
> >
> > --
> > Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >
> > Wes
> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >
> > In
> > RUMPLE <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:
> > > I am hoping there is a way to customize colors and fonts
> > within
> > > certain apps, games etc. For example, Solitaire in windows
> > has small
> > > fonts and a pretty bright green backgrounds. I have bad eyes
> > and
> > > bright backgrounds make it worse. Another example would be
> > in Office
> > > (Word, Excel etc) the white background, for me, appears to
> > bright
> > > (Office 2003). If there is some sort of third party software
> > I would
> > > need to accomplish this, please let me know.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > --
> > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > > request Articles individually checked for conformance to
> > usenet standards
> > > Topic URL:

http://www.windowsforumz.com/Customize-Color-Font-Custo...
> 61.html
> > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> > abuse:
> > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1354264
>
> Wes,
>
> Thanks for your reply. That method does change the background of most
> applications, however, not any of the windows games (solitaire,
> freecell etc.). I could of sworn I’ve seen different backgrounds on
> Solitaire before, so I think there is a way.
>

> Thanks again,

Can't have been XP then, there isn't any way to do that natively. Another
reason I love my Mac - I can recolour things on a whim. All my application
folders are purple, for example.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 2:35:43 AM

"" wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:35:53 +0100, RUMPLE wrote
> (in article
> <3_1355654_0f9938314935a89396ac37e95dfa7080@windowsforumz.com>):
>
> > "" wrote:
> > > I have the background for programs set to baby blue.
> > >
> > > Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab |
> > > Advanced button | Under Item: click the V to expand the
> menu |
> > > Scroll down and select Application Background | Pick a
> color |
> > > OK | Apply | OK
> > >
> > > This will change the background for all apps, including
> > > Word...
> > > Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab |
> > > Advanced button | Under Item: click the V to expand the
> menu |
> > > Scroll down and select Window | For backgound select
> Color 1 |
> > > Pick a color | You can preview before you hit the Apply
> button
> > > |
> > > OK your way out
> > >
> > > My goodness, don't pick red!! ;-)
> > >
> > > Also for Word...
> > > Open Word | Tools | Options | General tab |
> > > Select Blue background, white text | OK
> > >
> > > [[Displays text as white characters on a blue
> background.]]
> > >
> > > --
> > > Hope this helps. Let us know.
> > >
> > > Wes
> > > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> > >
> > > In
> > > RUMPLE <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:
> fonts
> > > within
> windows
> > > has small
> eyes
> > > and
> be
> > > in Office
> > > bright
> software
> > > I would

> > > usenet standards
> > > >

> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Customize-Color-Font-Custo...
> > 61.html
> > > abuse:
> >
> > Wes,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. That method does change the
> background of most
> > applications, however, not any of the windows games
> (solitaire,
> > freecell etc.). I could of sworn I’ve seen different
> backgrounds on
> > Solitaire before, so I think there is a way.
> >

> > Thanks again,
>
> Can't have been XP then, there isn't any way to do that
> natively. Another
> reason I love my Mac - I can recolour things on a whim. All my
> application
> folders are purple, for example.

So I’m assuming that means it can’t be done? Good thing I’m
transitioning to Linux, this is just another, although small, reason
to junk Microsoft.

Thanks all
!