Case Desktop Placement.

ndn816

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
I have the Hewlett Packard HPE-501f system that comes with a mid-ATX case, because of my desk configuration the case is not sitting even but tilts upward about 2-inches at the front, will this cause any harm to the hard drive and DVD-drive in the long run? I have noticed a harsh grinding sound from the Hitachi disk drive lately, but it could be my imagination.
Thanks.

+1

A simple insurance policy. (1) burn the recovery media and store it where you can find it. It'll save you spending $20 to have HP ship you a new copy (2) get an external USB drive and use windows backup to make an image of your disk then to make incremental backups.

One note on case placement. AIR FLOW is critical, if the case is on a funny angle because it is wedged into a tight spot then the hot air may not be getting out. Use a temp monitor like (free) HWMONITOR by CPUID (google it). Make sure your video card is 80C or less and the CPU is 65C or less (some CPUs can run hotter, check your CPU spec) in the MAX column after gaming.