Sign in with
Your question

2 Sound Input --> 1 Sound Output [Audio Splitting]

Last response: in Components
January 31, 2013 7:12:09 AM

Hey there guys, so major problem here is that im a PC Youtube Gamer, I would like to record my footage without recording the voice from Skype when communicating. So basicaly what I was thinking, that would solve my problem is:

I need 2 sound cards (on first the Game Audio will be played, on second one, Skype will be played)

Then I would need an audio splitter or some sort of cable like this one to combine 2 audio inputs to 1 audio output (my headset).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SF-Cable-Female-Stereo-Splitter...

I need your opinion on my theory, will this work?
January 31, 2013 7:31:05 AM

I presently use 2 sound card (integrated THX for 7.1 and dedicated soundcard for my headset) as i can't split the two, and use of my dedicated soundcard = not enough audio ports... i also tried the splitter you just link (the same kind) and that doesn't work, if you want dual (at the same time) output, i don't know any solution to do this at once except from buying a high end card with all the outputs... i have to switch the output in the taskbar everytime i want my headset or vice-versa to my speakers... (and i can't have the 2 at the same time...)

My dedicated soundcard support 5.1+ a front stereo output but not 7.1, that's why i use my onboard for my speakers but as i wrote, i need to change the output card everytime i change from headset to speakers or from speakers to headset...

PS: the splitter crash both of the driver on my system (as i output in the splitter, the other card receive the output and crash as it supposed to be an output too, then the other card crashed as the other card check the resistance to detect the device plugged-in...) and 1 time out of 2 it ended with a BOSD, the other time, simply crash the audio driver and no more sound, need to reboot... but with not a single splitter, both cards run whatever i plug in these ports (mics, speaker, amp, headset,etc...)

I think you'll need some kind of splitter with some diodes to cut the signal in the cable to not send it to another card and prevent the card from thinking it's a mic but then revert to speakers, etc... (i don't know exactly but i know that i had a lot of troubles with that and i simply give up...)
January 31, 2013 7:42:10 AM

spawnkiller said:
I presently use 2 sound card (integrated THX for 7.1 and dedicated soundcard for my headset) as i can't split the two, and use of my dedicated soundcard = not enough audio ports... i also tried the splitter you just link (the same kind) and that doesn't work, if you want dual (at the same time) output, i don't know any solution to do this at once except from buying a high end card with all the outputs... i have to switch the output in the taskbar everytime i want my headset or vice-versa to my speakers... (and i can't have the 2 at the same time...)

My dedicated soundcard support 5.1+ a front stereo output but not 7.1, that's why i use my onboard for my speakers but as i wrote, i need to change the output card everytime i change from headset to speakers or from speakers to headset...

PS: the splitter crash both of the driver on my system (as i output in the splitter, the other card receive the output and crash as it supposed to be an output too, then the other card crashed as the other card check the resistance to detect the device plugged-in...) and 1 time out of 2 it ended with a BOSD, the other time, simply crash the audio driver and no more sound, need to reboot... but with not a single splitter, both cards run whatever i plug in these ports (mics, speaker, amp, headset,etc...)

I think you'll need some kind of splitter with some diodes to cut the signal in the cable to not send it to another card and prevent the card from thinking it's a mic but then revert to speakers, etc... (i don't know exactly but i know that i had a lot of troubles with that and i simply give up...)

Oh okay, unfortunate, i cant imagine why it wouldnt work. Well, I though of that and I found an audio mixer, but its portable

http://www.mixitproducts.com/

Would this work?

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
!