Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia ion gt218 problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 29, 2012 3:33:01 AM

well i have been having problems with this card it installs perfectly no error, but i try to connect my moniter vga it doesnt display any video. i have done a couple of hours of research and found nothing other than it says you can go into bios and turn onboard graphics off and pcie on but my bios settings doesnt have this in it. if i update my bios will there be a chance of that option being added.

i have pheonix bios that is from i think 2008.
a c 202 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
July 29, 2012 3:46:29 AM

l3igwill said:
well i have been having problems with this card it installs perfectly no error, but i try to connect my moniter vga it doesnt display any video. i have done a couple of hours of research and found nothing other than it says you can go into bios and turn onboard graphics off and pcie on but my bios settings doesnt have this in it. if i update my bios will there be a chance of that option being added.

i have pheonix bios that is from i think 2008.

before you flash your bios..is your monitor vga with a blue cable or does it have a white one. sometime it the monitor or an adapter if your using one. if your not using one with the monitor connected to the video card do you see the bios post screen when you turn the pc on?? most newish mb will switch to the onboard gpu if a card is installed and the cable connected. if there onboard video and a gpu if your in windows with the gpu plugged in and your usign the onboard video port. check to see in device manager that there video card shows up. if there not two cards..onboard and new nvidia card..try installing the newest mb chipset drivers and check that the gpu fan is on and moving and all the power plugs if needed are connected. also use cpu-z and post your mb info..who made it. gpu-z will tell you if your mb seeing the video card. some flash up dates may fix the issue but if it an older mb it could be a chipset issue. with older mb that had build in video chipsset you had to use two amd or two nvidia cards...could not mix them on older mb.
m
l
July 30, 2012 12:54:49 AM

i had nvidia 6150e in computer already, disabled it as it always downloads itself agian. the fan on the card was working and i was using a vga adapter to plug into the white input to the graphic card. when the moniter is plugged into the card not even the bios comes up. ill have to us the gpu-z but the card comes up in device manager with no problems. so i have no clue other than it could be that the card doesnt detect a moniter connected because its centuries old. the monter is a cube and the depth of the monther is like 18"
m
l
July 30, 2012 10:58:39 PM

smorizio said:
before you flash your bios..is your monitor vga with a blue cable or does it have a white one. sometime it the monitor or an adapter if your using one. if your not using one with the monitor connected to the video card do you see the bios post screen when you turn the pc on?? most newish mb will switch to the onboard gpu if a card is installed and the cable connected. if there onboard video and a gpu if your in windows with the gpu plugged in and your usign the onboard video port. check to see in device manager that there video card shows up. if there not two cards..onboard and new nvidia card..try installing the newest mb chipset drivers and check that the gpu fan is on and moving and all the power plugs if needed are connected. also use cpu-z and post your mb info..who made it. gpu-z will tell you if your mb seeing the video card. some flash up dates may fix the issue but if it an older mb it could be a chipset issue. with older mb that had build in video chipsset you had to use two amd or two nvidia cards...could not mix them on older mb.

forgot to reply to you
m
l
!