Upgrading gpu need advice

markymark20

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Currently my rig has an core i5-3570(3.4ghz) with an intel h61h2-m12 mobo and 4 gb ram, palit geforce gt 610 2gb graphics is my gpu bringing down performance? i have read mixed reviews bout the gt610 need your opinions and advice help would be appreciated thanks

LOL, that's 1000$,the op probably doesn't want to spend more than a quarter of that, also it needs a certain capacity psu, and it's not the best card in the world, check for the Asus Ares II card, i'm starting to think you're a powercolor rep, in all forum posts you recommend the same card...

Hi :)

Same card .. different make and mine you CAN buy..I sell them in my shops... I have been trying to buy those... but Asus say only 100 WILL EVER be made and NOT available yet ...personally I suspect they are "vapourware"

All the best Brett :)

It's not the same card, the powecolor has two normal 7970 gpus, the asus ares II has two 7970 ghz edition gpus in there, with a higher grade pcb and better cooling system, the reviews shows it outperforms it in every way, performance, noise, temperatures, overclocking.
And it's a limited edition of just 1000 cards, not 100, the powercolor is also limited, and not official the same as the ares, the fastest official single card dual gpu is the 690 GTX.
Keep in mind those cards are dual gpus, for single card, single gpu, the fastest is a 7970 ghz edition.
But this is irrelevant to the op, for a person who has a 610 gt, i don't think high end cards are an option...
A 7770 from amd or a 650 ti is a good option for low budget card.

venny_

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Your GPU isn't bottlenecking your CPU.. Very much.

You should get a GPU that lasts you a couple of years. Get one of the higher end cards. The GT 610 isn't very good compared to the newer ones.