Both front and back mic/speaker ports not working.

xguillotine

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Hello, I was at a mates place last night, and brought my computer over to play some games. We went out for a break, and when i came back, my headphones weren't working. And both the front and back ports aren't working. Thinking nothing of it, we went back to our plan for the night, to install an older model hd 7770 video card into my pc. The card turned out to have a busted fan, and my computer shorted out. I tried to return my computer on, but it wouldn't start, and the HD audio cable connected into my motherboard was VERY hot, unable to touch without burning. I immediately switched everything off, and let it cool down. I have recently been playing around with either HD audio and AC97, and i am still completely stumped. Everything in my pc is running fine, except for both the front and back ports. THe front and back usb's are fine. However, upon logging in today, Realtek HD audio manager is not on my pc anymore, so i am unsure of how to switch between the HD audio and AC97. I am completely stumped, and am slowly giving up. I need these ports for my gaming, and am accepting the fact that i will have to fork out some money for a usb headset. I really do appreciate any help, as i have no idea as to what to do.

id say reinstall the drivers for the sound. if that doesnt work you probably have a bad board from the video card

if you want a quick solution, just grab a asus dg 5.1 sound card for 20 bucks
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

pci-e version. costs a lot more though given its not on sale
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TMZ1BK/?tag=pcpapi-20

xguillotine

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Hey there, sorry for the late reply. I was fiddling around in my computer, and i noticed that the cables connecting the front ports where extremely hot. So i think this may be the reason for the front ports not working, but i still don't understand why the back ports don't work, as they are directly from the motherboard. Is there anyway i can buy replacement cables?

TRENDING THREADS