Unlocking 5190 - I Don't Know Prior Service Though (?!?!)

Tags:
  • Nokia
  • Phones
Last response: in Brands
Share
October 3, 2004 2:06:22 AM

Any suggestions ? All of the online Unlocking Sites need to know the
prior network the phone was used on. Nothing on the phone indicates
this. It's not branded with the prior service providers' info.

Any work arounds ... please .

T I A

Paul

More about : unlocking 5190 prior service

Anonymous
October 3, 2004 4:33:23 AM

name wrote:
> Any suggestions ? All of the online Unlocking Sites need to know the
> prior network the phone was used on. Nothing on the phone indicates
> this. It's not branded with the prior service providers' info.
>
> Any work arounds ... please .

First guess time...assume it's from a T-Mobile ancester (PowerTel,
OmniPoint, etc.), whichever was in your area. If you're in NC or SC, assume
BellSouth DCS 310-150; for CA or NV, assume PacBel 310-170.

Then try and borrow an old SIM of that service provider to confirm your
guess. Or, if two SIMs from different service providers work, it's already
unlocked.

John C.
October 3, 2004 4:33:24 AM

Thank You John. You're a real Gem !