Unlocking 5190 - I Don't Know Prior Service Though (?!?!)

Any suggestions ? All of the online Unlocking Sites need to know the
prior network the phone was used on. Nothing on the phone indicates
this. It's not branded with the prior service providers' info.

Any work arounds ... please .

T I A

Paul
2 answers Last reply
More about unlocking 5190 prior service

    name wrote:
    > Any suggestions ? All of the online Unlocking Sites need to know the
    > prior network the phone was used on. Nothing on the phone indicates
    > this. It's not branded with the prior service providers' info.
    >
    > Any work arounds ... please .

    First guess time...assume it's from a T-Mobile ancester (PowerTel,
    OmniPoint, etc.), whichever was in your area. If you're in NC or SC, assume
    BellSouth DCS 310-150; for CA or NV, assume PacBel 310-170.

    Then try and borrow an old SIM of that service provider to confirm your
    guess. Or, if two SIMs from different service providers work, it's already
    unlocked.

    John C.

    Thank You John. You're a real Gem !

    Paul
    Nokia 2190 / Nokia 5190

    In article <s9M7d.98717$as2.62152@bignews3.bellsouth.net>, John
    Cummings <n4bkn.no@spam.bellsouth.net> wrote:

    > name wrote:
    > > Any suggestions ? All of the online Unlocking Sites need to know the
    > > prior network the phone was used on. Nothing on the phone indicates
    > > this. It's not branded with the prior service providers' info.
    > >
    > > Any work arounds ... please .
    >
    > First guess time...assume it's from a T-Mobile ancester (PowerTel,
    > OmniPoint, etc.), whichever was in your area. If you're in NC or SC, assume
    > BellSouth DCS 310-150; for CA or NV, assume PacBel 310-170.
    >
    > Then try and borrow an old SIM of that service provider to confirm your
    > guess. Or, if two SIMs from different service providers work, it's already
    > unlocked.
    >
    > John C.

Nokia Phones