Not getting full speed on pc with 802.11n

redman4264

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
I have a 50M cable connection for a couple weeks now. They gave me a motorola-9F594 modem to use until I could get my phone service connected with cable also.. With the motorola modem my 2 pc's with 802.11n adapters were maxing at just at 50M on speed tests and my other pc with 802.11g was getting around 23M..

Well they came out and put in a arris TG852G modem to get my phone hooked up, now I can only get 23M with any pc wireless? I have tried many different setting in the modem.. Seems if I allow it to be able to connect back to a 802.11b I will only get 802.11b speeds on any pc. I have it set now to allow g/n and manage 23m which i understand is about what a 802.11g will handle.. If I set it to n only then I can get the full 50 but cannot connect my other pc.. I know one solution would be to buy a 802.11n card for the laptop but I should not have to go this route.

I have searched alot about this and cannot seem to find any solution that will allow me to have g/n connected and get max speed on the n side. I only have to neighbors on wireless and they are on channel 6 and 11, so I am set to channel 1. My wireless mode is set to G/N mixed, and QOS is not on (called WMM in my modem?). All pc's have great signal also. now to my question..

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere or have overlooked in my modem?

redman4264

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Just like to add that both pc's are only connected at 54Mbps even though I have 802.11n enabled on both adapters. Nothing has changed with them since the motorola modem and they were both getting full speed there.