Hello, Can anyone please offer any ideas as to which monitor to pick.

sebastian869

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
im about to build a new computer, in this case I will need a multi-monitor setup for work. I would like one to be the "fun" one thats 120hz and can handle 3d. I have done more homework on this matter then I think I have even done on a single computer component and I have it narrowed down to only a few options. I'm interested in a range from 23,23.6,24" but would prefer the 24" as over 3 monitors it will add up, although they are not going to be all the same model for reasons of cost as I also need to buy computer parts.

Down to my last 3 picks:

BenQ XL2420T (5 eggs,30) XL2420TX (4 eggs,5) includes 3d vision 2

ACER GD235HZ (4eggs,166)

Asus VG236H includes 3d vision 2 (4 eggs,122)(4 stars,27) VG236HE

Would be greatful for any ideas or advice. If someone also did their homework and wound up making a purchase, how did it work out. I'm really leaning towards either Asus or BenQ

sebastian869

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009

How D,
Its funny, its what I chose in the end my self, the acer turned out to be a 2010 model. The asus seems solid, it was my runner up but I read a lot of complaints about screen glare issue. I guess its because there are no good site regarding the topic, but i spent more work/time on monitor selection then any computer part in my life. What really annoys the crap out of me are the retards who post reviews like "I didnt like it too much because when it came out of the box the screen settings were off" or dead pixel. The only constant issue i read about BenQ is customer service, its like my PSU manufacturer, Enermax. Why cant they hire a 10 person staff here in the states. Seems to me that type of issue is always taiwan co related. I guess the custom there is "as is condition and no refunds".

Do you think that the Benq has issues pertaining to monitor settings? in other words can it be calibrated so the outcome will be of good quality (in color and skin tone for ex?)

Just wondering, what type of non 120hz monitor would make a good companion for the BenQ (do you think IPS is worth the money?)

Thanks,
Sebastian