Sign in with
Your question

Bf3 temps

Last response: in CPUs
January 31, 2013 5:03:42 PM

I was playing some battlefield 3 and my cpu would hit 57 celcius I am a worrier about temps but i'm wondering if that's normal

More about : bf3 temps

a b à CPUs
January 31, 2013 5:09:52 PM

download core temp and prime 95 to stress test your system. that will give you the idle and load temps....load temps with prime 95 will be higher than in gaming as your processor will not be 100% utilized all the time like in stress testing
a b à CPUs
January 31, 2013 5:11:34 PM

Those temps are just fine.
Related resources
January 31, 2013 5:12:58 PM

I've already stress tested my CPU man the hottest core never got over 65 celsius on prime and 72 Celsius on IBT it's just it looks like it's been getting hotter than it usually does . I use a zalman 8830 max heatsink and I've overclocked my cpu to 4.4 ghz stable it's just are them temps safe for everyday use
a b à CPUs
January 31, 2013 5:31:58 PM

is it hotter in the house?
January 31, 2013 5:47:33 PM

When is the last time you cleaned your computer? May be time for a dusting.
a c 79 à CPUs
January 31, 2013 5:55:53 PM

nah... temps are fine with that OC. 72 on IBT is actually quiet good. If you can keep you cpu below 75 C it is working the way it should.

good luck
-satyam
January 31, 2013 6:08:04 PM

Those temps are reasonable for a 4.4 Ghz OC on a 2500k. BF3 stresses the GPU so im sure your case gets a lot hotter than just stressing the CPU. Max Tcase is 72.6°C Im not sure what temps your reporting but Tcase will be about 8-10c lower than the core temps so max core temp around 80c. In any case your not close to hitting the max temps so you should be fine.
a b à CPUs
January 31, 2013 7:35:39 PM

JamesSneed said:
Those temps are reasonable for a 4.4 Ghz OC on a 2500k. BF3 stresses the GPU so im sure your case gets a lot hotter than just stressing the CPU. Max Tcase is 72.6°C Im not sure what temps your reporting but Tcase will be about 8-10c lower than the core temps so max core temp around 80c. In any case your not close to hitting the max temps so you should be fine.

tcase is not important. tcase is the the temperature of the heat spreader. everyone references tj max which is core temperature and its max value is 105*c i believe. tcase is much lower then tj max or just simply core temps because it is not directly on the core itself where most of the heat is generated.

i like to draw the temperature comparisons of laptop temps and desktop temps. on the desktop everyone is so worried about going over 70 or 80*c but laptops with the exact same chip essentially routinely go higher then that. hell my sb laptop idles at 60*c and hits 95*c during rendering.

trust intel, if your temps where dangerous it would throttle itself or shut itself down. dont worry.
!