Front and back audio ports not working

chromelobez

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Hello, I am currently experiencing problems with my front audio ports and back audio ports. When I plug my headset into the front green and pink audio ports it recognizes a device is plugged in but there is no playback from the headset or the microphone. When I test the playback it recognizes a sound is playing by the meters bouncing but there is no sound. Same problem with the microphone i try to talk but it dosen't recognize my voice. Nothing is on mute and the volume on the headset is up. Any idea why neither the front or back audio ports play no sound but recognize a device being plugged in? Thanks for any help!! Also didn't know which category this would be under, sorry!

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
What options are available under the Playback Tab? If you have on-board sound, it should say Speakers with Realtek (or whatever integrated sound chip you have) below that. That one should have the green check mark next to it. If you hi-lite that item, you can test it in "configure". It should be set to Stereo for 2 or 2.1 speakers.

Also check that the vol in Windows itself is up high enough to hear.

If instead, you have a discrete sound card, which one is it?

chromelobez

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
I do have the speaker option with the realtek hd audio and when i plug a my headset in it recognizes the device is being plugged in but no playback neither for speaking or hearing. I checked in the configure option as well it is set to stereo. Windows volume is to max. I think the dilemma is that I used to have an internal soundcard in a echo mia soundcard from 2000 to be exact. This sound card was really loose in its pci slot and one time when i plugged in a a cable it took the pci card out of the slot and shut down my computer. When i restarted it the internal echo mia soundcard worked fine but the front and back audio ports didn't work. But the thing is I have no idea if i had this audio problem before the soundcard crash. So I am assuming that the problem is that something messed up when the soundcard was accidently pulled out or when I put the soundcard in it changed my options or something? I have uninstalled the echo mia drivers and uninstalled asio as well, I have also taken the internal soundcard out of my computer. Then I redownloaded the drivers for my realtek hd audio and I am still having the same problem if anyone has any idea to why I am having this problem please help!

Thanks!!

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I assume you have the discrete sound card physically removed now and are connected to the integrated. And I assume you are running Windows 7. And I assume your default sound device is set to the integrated Realtek.

Let's try this. Uninstall ALL sound drivers; integrated and discrete both. Run CCleaner ( http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner ) and do the Clean and Registry portions both. Do the Registry again until it comes back clean. Boot to Safe Mode and run Driver Sweeper ( http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html ). Have it remove any remnants it finds of any sound driver. Re-boot...

When you re-boot, Windows should detect the integrated sound chip and install a generic driver for it. If no sound device is found, either it is dead or Windows is corrupted and needs to be fixed. In which case you can try a Windows Repair Install: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

majorzap

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013

Doa672ug

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I'm really stumped why!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg