Sign in with
Your question

Usb stop working randomly on newly build computer

Last response: in Components
January 31, 2013 8:19:31 PM

Hello,
I recently built a new gaming computer and everything has been working great, except lately my usb components will randomly disconnect and reconnect and then sometimes they will disconnect and wont work again until I restart my computer, even if I change ports. its really starting to annoy me, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Computer specifications:
ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen3 mobo
Intel Core i5-2500k
8gb ram
Western Digital 1tb hd
EVGA Geforce GTX 660 FTW gpu
Cooler Master Extreme 500w psu

January 31, 2013 8:48:12 PM

fisher4890 said:
Hello,
I recently built a new gaming computer and everything has been working great, except lately my usb components will randomly disconnect and reconnect and then sometimes they will disconnect and wont work again until I restart my computer, even if I change ports. its really starting to annoy me, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Computer specifications:
ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen3 mobo
Intel Core i5-2500k
8gb ram
Western Digital 1tb hd
EVGA Geforce GTX 660 FTW gpu
Cooler Master Extreme 500w psu

Are you referring to the front or back USBs?

The front ones check the physical connection on the motherboard is tight.

For the back ones check that you have no ! points in device manager. If the software is good then it is a hardware issue which means motherboard replacement unless someone else has an idea.
m
l
January 31, 2013 9:20:18 PM

its the front and back ports. i really hope its not a bad mobo lol. and no problems in device manager.
m
l
January 31, 2013 9:41:48 PM

fisher4890 said:
its the front and back ports. i really hope its not a bad mobo lol. and no problems in device manager.

If it is both the front and the back at the same time that eliminates a short in the connection to the motherboard.

It is still either the software or the hardware. If the software shows the USB drivers then I would assume it is the motherboard unless once again someone else has better advice.
m
l
!