Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Bad FPS in GTA V?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Video
  • FPS
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
July 29, 2012 2:56:39 PM

So i was browsing the interwebs and i came across this video...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh-RY0zD46M&feature=rela...

Now i was confused because my 7950 surpasses a 670 and 7970 speeds at stock and this guy is still getting better fps than me in gta 4...Does gta just favor nvidia cards more? I know its coded to BARELY run on pc but still....

EchoOne :sol: 

More about : bad fps gta

July 29, 2012 3:02:16 PM

Woops i meant gta IV
m
0
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 3:12:03 PM

Maybe he has better CPU? It's very CPU hungry game.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 29, 2012 3:15:57 PM

maybe he has a lower resolution than you. Maybe he has got Windows Basic mode and you have Aero.
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 3:24:23 PM

Sunius said:
Maybe he has better CPU? It's very CPU hungry game.
cpu hungry? it uses 42% of my cpu lol
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 3:25:58 PM

dansgas1000 said:
maybe he has a lower resolution than you. Maybe he has got Windows Basic mode and you have Aero.

He was running in 1920x1080 and i have 1920x1080
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 3:30:39 PM

It's a shitty console port.
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 3:35:17 PM

rmpumper said:
It's a shitty console port.

Yeah no doubt but still a 580 gets better fps than a 7950? weirdd...
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 3:45:07 PM

what CPU do you got? CPU must be the difference between you and this guy.
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 4:34:55 PM

DroKing said:
what CPU do you got? CPU must be the difference between you and this guy.


I have an FX 6100 @ 4.6ghz with my cpu NB overclocked and 16gb of ram....

he has an Intel Core i5 750

I even beat a 2500k at gta4 benchmark with my 6870... and a 750 is..well...not that good lol

m
0
l
July 29, 2012 9:40:02 PM

EchoOne said:
Woops i meant gta IV

lol you made me think it was already released
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 10:57:49 PM

Deemo13 said:
I think the FX6100 would explain it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-o...

His 750 quite out-paces your FX-6100. Its a very CPU-dependent game and was poorly coded from the console.



But still...it uses 42% of my cpu lol and 4.6ghz it should be fine...But makes sense...i mean My friend with a 1090t gets about 100+ fps in the airport part of gta and with my 7950 i get like 80-90...he has a 6870!!!! Im getting mad that i even bought a fx 6100 lol should i switch on over to a 3570k OR since ill be getting a crosshair V formula board wait till PD is out? Or just grab an 8150 and overclock it to 4.5 ghz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kd4dvLJQP4

linus 8150 vs 2500k 0.o dont think he had them overclocked due to the stock cooler...

m
0
l
a c 198 U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 11:03:53 PM

I wouldn't waste money on the Crosshair for an FX-6100. The 1090T I would say is a bit quicker than the FX-6100. Its actually not that graphics intensive of a game. It still uses DX9.

Honestly, I would just keep what you have. If you keep chasing more fps by upgrading hardware you are going to end up broke with alot of computer stuff lying around.

Hey a processor is a processor, and as long as you are happy with what it can do, which you should be, then there is no problem. No one ever said it wasnt a fast processor, its just that there's faster stuff.
m
0
l
a c 93 U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 11:06:58 PM

Im not sure why you bother caring about that. his FPS were as choppy as anyone's playing GTA4 and the game looks like *** too. Even at 65 fps it looked choppy, probably with really low minimal fps.

Why would it matter how many fps you get over 60?
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 11:11:13 PM

esrever said:
Im not sure why you bother caring about that. his FPS were as choppy as anyone's playing GTA4 and the game looks like *** too. Even at 65 fps it looked choppy, probably with really low minimal fps.

Why would it matter how many fps you get over 60?

Well i was mainly just curious to see if maybey my 6100 was severley bottlenecking my 7950...Thats all :) 
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 11:12:13 PM

Deemo13 said:
I wouldn't waste money on the Crosshair for an FX-6100. The 1090T I would say is a bit quicker than the FX-6100. Its actually not that graphics intensive of a game. It still uses DX9.

Honestly, I would just keep what you have. If you keep chasing more fps by upgrading hardware you are going to end up broke with alot of computer stuff lying around.

Hey a processor is a processor, and as long as you are happy with what it can do, which you should be, then there is no problem. No one ever said it wasnt a fast processor, its just that there's faster stuff.



Well see the thing is is that the way im getting my crosshair v is because im building a comp for a guy (my friend) and he said that if he buys the crosshair v i can have it and he can have my mobo but yeah...Anyways do you think my 6100 would bottleneck 2 7950's? might get it in future.
m
0
l
a c 93 U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 11:12:59 PM

its not really bad but there shouldn't be much to worried about. It is going to bottleneck in some games just with every CPU. The CPU is especially going to bottleneck on older games. But in the end it doesn't matter since you are playing at max with good frame rates.
m
0
l
a c 93 U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 11:14:46 PM

personally I don't see the point of 2 7950s at 1080p. Even 1 is overkill.
m
0
l
a c 236 U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 11:16:18 PM

EchoOne said:
But still...it uses 42% of my cpu lol and 4.6ghz it should be fine...But makes sense...i mean My friend with a 1090t gets about 100+ fps in the airport part of gta and with my 7950 i get like 80-90...he has a 6870!!!! Im getting mad that i even bought a fx 6100 lol should i switch on over to a 3570k OR since ill be getting a crosshair V formula board wait till PD is out? Or just grab an 8150 and overclock it to 4.5 ghz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kd4dvLJQP4

linus 8150 vs 2500k 0.o dont think he had them overclocked due to the stock cooler...


Computer games, even when starved for more CPU power, rarely use all of your CPU, especially if a 6 core CPU. The reason is the CPU will tell you how much of all the cores are being used, but more games will only use 2-3 cores, rarely more and normally it's only one process being held back on one core.
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 11:50:20 PM

esrever said:
personally I don't see the point of 2 7950s at 1080p. Even 1 is overkill.


Alright cool.
m
0
l