Nvidia gt 520 vs hd 6450

:non: y i know they are both cheap and crappy cards.
bt im having given a chance to choose between these two cards.

nothing too hardcore is waiting for them . just casual gaming .

ik i have already posted a forum based on the same topic but , im now confuced 'coz

i saw the gt 520 running BF3 on ultra settings and also the GRFW on high settings and NFSR on ultra .. :o

on the other hand i could only find HD 6450 /hd 5450 gameplay of the above cards on usually low/medium settings (GRFW on low :kaola: :heink: )

so own to the end again ..
which should i buy ??

please dont recommend anymore cards :fou:


please help guys .... times runnin out
18 answers Last reply
More about nvidia 6450
  1. gonna wait for more replys ...

    please whats everyone's thoughts ... ?

    help meeeeeeeeee
  2. hi mate
    personally i would recommend the GT520... however it depends if the HD6450 is gddr3 or gddr5,if its the latter than i would recommend that ... since it has double the memory bandwidth of the gt520 and and also has double the memory speed (3600mhz effective ).. however this is due to the gddr5 memory
    allthough both these cards are entry level there performance ( along with a decent enough cpu ) is ok.... entry level cards have come a long way over the last few years... for example the gddr5 HD6450 has the same memory clock as the legacy geforce 9800gt which was once one of the most popular mainstream gaming cards... granted theres only a 64bit memory interface on these cards ( which limits the resolution you can run games at ) but hey ,as you mentioned these are cheap cards and thus you wont expect amazing performance
    finally whats your budget ? ... aria.co.uk have some amazing bargains at the moment including the following
    1) ARIANET Radeon HD 6770 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card ( http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/ARIANET+Radeon+HD+6770+1024MB+GDDR5+PCI-Express+Graphics+Card+?productId=51174 )

    2) PALIT GeForce GTS 450 Smart Edition 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card ( http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/PALIT+GeForce+GTS+450+Smart+Edition+1024MB+GDDR3+PCI-Express+Graphics+Card+?productId=49852 )

    both these cards retail around the £50 mark however they are more than capable of running the latest games at decent detail and resolution... infact i would go as far to say the HD6770 will run most games at high detail ( up to 1920x1080) ... however this also depends on what cpu your using
    basically for the minimal additional outlay its worth buying the mid range cards above over the entry level cards.... mainly because you will upgrade the entry level cards ( as their performance drops ) much sooner compared to the £50 mid range cards
    hope this helps mate
  3. Just one note: you did NOT see GT 520 running BF3 on ultra.
  4. Well he might have seen it "running" at ultra settings, just at like 7 fps...
    I would go with the 6670 at such low price points.
  5. Sunius said:
    Just one note: you did NOT see GT 520 running BF3 on ultra.


    Maybe a GT 5200 from the year 2030, lol
  6. Sunius said:
    Just one note: you did NOT see GT 520 running BF3 on ultra.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4DdZAAvv-Q

    nt sure if its fake though
  7. brianthesnail said:
    hi mate
    personally i would recommend the GT520... however it depends if the HD6450 is gddr3 or gddr5,if its the latter than i would recommend that ... since it has double the memory bandwidth of the gt520 and and also has double the memory speed (3600mhz effective ).. however this is due to the gddr5 memory
    allthough both these cards are entry level there performance ( along with a decent enough cpu ) is ok.... entry level cards have come a long way over the last few years... for example the gddr5 HD6450 has the same memory clock as the legacy geforce 9800gt which was once one of the most popular mainstream gaming cards... granted theres only a 64bit memory interface on these cards ( which limits the resolution you can run games at ) but hey ,as you mentioned these are cheap cards and thus you wont expect amazing performance
    finally whats your budget ? ... aria.co.uk have some amazing bargains at the moment including the following
    1) ARIANET Radeon HD 6770 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card ( http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/ARIANET+Radeon+HD+6770+1024MB+GDDR5+PCI-Express+Graphics+Card+?productId=51174 )
    http://www.aria.co.uk/dynres/cHJvZHVjdF9pbWFnZS53aWR0aD0yNTA=/bWFpbmltYWdlcy82NzcwLWFyaWEtMjUwLmpwZw==.jpg
    2) PALIT GeForce GTS 450 Smart Edition 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card ( http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/PALIT+GeForce+GTS+450+Smart+Edition+1024MB+GDDR3+PCI-Express+Graphics+Card+?productId=49852 )
    http://www.aria.co.uk/dynres/cHJvZHVjdF9pbWFnZS53aWR0aD0yNTA=/bWFpbmltYWdlcy9QQUxJVC1HVFg0NTBTRS0yNTAuanBn.jpg
    both these cards retail around the £50 mark however they are more than capable of running the latest games at decent detail and resolution... infact i would go as far to say the HD6770 will run most games at high detail ( up to 1920x1080) ... however this also depends on what cpu your using
    basically for the minimal additional outlay its worth buying the mid range cards above over the entry level cards.... mainly because you will upgrade the entry level cards ( as their performance drops ) much sooner compared to the £50 mid range cards
    hope this helps mate



    ty mate ..

    and i was'nt askin about the DDR5 ver of hd6450 ..

    it ws suppsed to be

    " GT 520 1GB DDR3 VS HD 6450 1 GB DDR3 "
  8. It's fake for sure.
  9. rolli59 said:



    :pt1cable: heres the confusion.. in the hd6450 ddr3 review it says the gt520 performs better. but in the gt 520 review it says the hd 6450 ddr3 is better ....... :o

    soo???
  10. it ws suppsed to be

    " GT 520 1GB DDR3 VS HD 6450 1 GB DDR3 "
  11. 731sniperdawg said:
    :pt1cable: heres the confusion.. in the hd6450 ddr3 review it says the gt520 performs better. but in the gt 520 review it says the hd 6450 ddr3 is better ....... :o

    soo???

    The performance summary in the GT520 is for HD6450 DDR5. Showing the same difference as this one http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_6450_Passive/27.html
    In any case both cards are low end and best suited to watch videos which they handle well. If you are planning on gaming on them you will be disappointed with both.
  12. bt which is better ??? ddr3 based
  13. GT520 looking at all those benchmarks!
  14. its all mixed up now....... both on ddr3 based . which is better ??
  15. I would save up for a better GPU, both of those are not good for gaming if that's what you plan to do unless you will play games from 10 years ago only. What do you plan on doing with the card?
  16. El Tigre said:
    I would save up for a better GPU, both of those are not good for gaming if that's what you plan to do unless you will play games from 10 years ago only. What do you plan on doing with the card?



    simple gaming , on a silent :D pc .. might need it for htpc purpose tooo
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Nvidia Graphics