Please spare a second a vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bEngineering

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Please quickly vote on what you thinks best for me, comment it you can but dont be obliged too. Thanks alot.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700k
RAM: Corsair 16GB
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth
GPU: ?????
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850
Case: Cooler MasterElite 430

I'm looking at all of the following, but was wondering if you could vote which one is best for my needs and related to the price, aswell as in relation too the other components.

I will use this build for autoCAD and also 2560x1440 gaming.

a)Sapphire HD 7970 OC 3072MB @£348
b)Sapphire HD 7970 3072MB @£328
c)Zotac GeForce GTX 670 2048 @£328
d)Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 @£295
e)Sapphire HD 7950 OC 3GB GDDR5 @£295
f)Sapphire HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 @£252
g) other:______________

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

I 2nd this, for the exact reasons that has already been said.

bEngineering

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
ahh thanks alot. Should i go for the 7970 OC version for £20 extra or leave it? If i overclock the normal one will there be any difference in performace?

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

I don't usually bother with OC versions due to bad luck with RMAs. Apparently when they give you back "equivalent or better performance" cards, OC is not a performance category and you get a regular one from a warranty claim, so it is a waste of money. Your mileage may vary with this ...

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

I think both are great. The latest update to the 7970 (ghz edition, drivers) have made the AMD stuff perform quite a bit better, so it depends on what reviews you read and from when the review was conducted.

bEngineering

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
My last dilema! the Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X is avaliable for £315, and theres lots of stuff saying its better than the 7970. Should i got for that instead?

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

Looks good. Are you sure you want that style of cooler though ? The cage coolers are less dependent on case cooling because they exhaust directly to the outside.

bEngineering

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
im really unsure about cooling. i dont really know much about it. I haven't bought a case fan yet. Would i save money on cooling if i did? or would it somehow mess me up. So if you had to choose between the Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 670, the Gigabyte 670 and the Sapphire 7970, which would you go for, if they were all similarly priced. Thanks

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

That's really a loaded question. If it was me, reference design with the exhaust to the back of the case. They are quiet when not loaded, and are not loud when gaming. Then, if I have the choice for Nvidia, my choice would go EVGA first, ASUS second, and MSI third if reference, if not reference design with custom coolers, then I would have to read a bunch of reviews to see how that custom cooler works out. Some custom designs are FYI worse than reference designs. Also, my case is rather low air flow, so no internally circulating types of heatsink fan design for me.

we_san

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

Never use benchmark chart with driver other than 12.7 as a reference. There are already many reviewer refresh their chart along with review of 7970 GHz ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.