GTX560 vs AMD Radeon 6870

Pyhonicks

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Please guys, i realy need help!

I spent like 5-6 hours watching statistics for those two, and every chart is different.
Those graphic cards are my only option because i get 10% off at the store where i am buying it (and they are for the same price). So i don't need any other suggestion, Ti's or other stuff, i need to deside between one of those.

Another information: AMD Radeon 6870 is by Powercolor and GTX560 is by Gainward.

Some games like HD6870 others GTX560 that is how close they are to each other in performance. I personally would select between them on price unless there is this one game you play that does way better on one or the other.

Pyhonicks

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

I know you are right, but still, i must choose one. :/

guru_urug

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Well a few more things to consider,
With the 560 you get more overclock headroom, cuda & Physx.
With the 6870 you get lesser power consumption which will reduce running costs.

Pyhonicks

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

And i just might take it because of Physx. AMD has more problem running the games with it, then GF for games which are recommened to ATI. (I guess)

Pyhonicks

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

I usually go with MSI or Asus graphic cards, but that comes with bigger price. :/

EzioAs

Distinguished
I'd go for a 6870 over a 560 any day if prices are quite similar. As guru_urug said, the 6870 uses less power, while the 560 has CUDA and physx, both are not features I would really consider for my personal use. The 560 itself doesn't really offer much overclocking headroom since it's actually a higher clock 460. And who's to say that AMD drivers suck, based on a number of people who used AMD cards, they're keen to say that the drivers are getting better and better and I've also seen people having problems with nvidia drivers (I've had one problem with their 29x.xx WHQL driver a couple months ago).

Basically, the choice is up to you as you've probably and should know already. As they both performs almost similar in games, do a side by side comparison on paper or whatever about power consumption, heat, noise and features (eyefinity, CUDA, physx, etc...) and determine yourself what you need most

Pyhonicks

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

Tnx for replying. I listened your advice and i checked out statistics for heat,power consumption and noice, and i must say, 6870 won the race. Less noice and power draw.

For those who will read this post later on, who will not be determined what to buy, here's the link to make up your mind:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-amp-edition-gtx-560-directcu-ii-top,2944-16.html

Tnx again, for every1 trying to help me deside.

Yes, it does cost more but you come out a head in the long run. If you purchased an aftermarket heatsink for your card it would cost you at least $40 plus the time to install it.

With ASUS you get that plus get the 'Super Alloy' components which decrease heat, increase throughput and have X 2.5 times the lifespan of average components.

Check out this video on Super Alloy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUX5Mi996oY

The following video from hi-tech legion is what sold me on my ASUS HD6870 Direct CU. It is an impressive review. They presented too many facts for me to ignore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz1Ig-z-8E8&feature=player_embedded#!

I love the Direct CU cards. They cool well and they are practically silent.

Pyhonicks

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

I belive what you said, but the powercolor one costs me 130 euros, and the asus one 170, thats 40 more... With that money i can buy 560 Ti, but i dont have that much money (i can have it, but next month, and i cant wait that long :D ).