Need help on finding psu that will fit into mid-size atx case

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcarlittosx

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
ok soo ive been wanting to upgrade my power supply, anyone know of any that will fit into mine.. and im affraid that the motherboard im buying wont fit into the case either. if the motherboard is 12 inches and the power supply is 3 inches in height, is it ok if they overlap over eachother? not sure if y'all understand what i mean. if y'all could recommend any psus that would fit :D
Motherboard:
ATX
Dimensions
12" x 8.6"

Computer case:Mid-size ATX

Height: 38.7 cm (15.23 inches)
Width: 17.5 cm (6.89 inches)
Length: 41.4 cm (16.29 inches)
help would be greatly appriciated :D

Solution
Erm, why not just buy a new case? Most cases that come with pre-built PCs make it as hard as possible for people to upgrade.

Here's a decent case with a 420W PSU included. Not the best, but plenty for your requirement.
Cooler Master Elite 311 with 420W PSU - $55

It will also easily fit your chosen motherboard, which also happens to cost $10 less on Amazon.
GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 - $89

Do you already have the graphics card? This is a much better card for the same money.
HIS H775F1GD Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 - $90

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Any ATX PSU will fit a std ATX, mid ATX case. But your case's dimensions seem to indicate that it might possibly be a mid ATX. If so, the full sized ATX board may not fit. Please tell us the make/model of your case. The board and PSU too.

xcarlittosx

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Do y'all know of any motherboard that will work with the AMD Phenom II X4 965 that is mATX?

@dirtyferret
i already have graphics card :p

So do i need to find a PSU and motherboard that say mATX? i thought ATX was able to fit into a mATX xd

Zero_

Distinguished
Erm, why not just buy a new case? Most cases that come with pre-built PCs make it as hard as possible for people to upgrade.

Here's a decent case with a 420W PSU included. Not the best, but plenty for your requirement.
Cooler Master Elite 311 with 420W PSU - $55

It will also easily fit your chosen motherboard, which also happens to cost $10 less on Amazon.
GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 - $89

Do you already have the graphics card? This is a much better card for the same money.
HIS H775F1GD Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 - $90

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.