EMachines et1331G-05W trying to install new graphics card

wenonah

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Hello everyone.....im desperate! I am trying to upgrade my husbands computer to play Diablo III that I bought him for his birthday but emachines are awful and its all that I have. Here are the specs (sorry dont know what u need)
CPU1 : AMD Athlon™ II X2 dual-core processor 235e
(2.7GHz, 2MB L2 cache)
Operating System2 : Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Chipset : NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE
Memory3 : 6144MB DDR2 dual-channel (2 × 1024MB + 2 × 2048MB)
Expandable to 8GB
4 DDR2 slots (total), 0 DDR2 slot (available)
Hard Drive4 : 750GB 7200rpm SATA
Optical Drive : 16x DVD±R/RW Supermulti drive
Write max: 16x DVD±R, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 8x DVD±R DL, 5x DVD-RAM, 48x CD-R, 32x CD-RW
Read max: 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-ROM
Media Reader5 : Multi-in-one digital media card reader
CompactFlash® I & II, CF+ Microdrive, Secure Digital™ (SD) Card, miniSD™ Card, MultiMediaCard™ (MMC), MMCmobile™, MMCmicro™, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard™ (RS-MMC), xD-Picture Card™, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick Duo™, Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick Micro™
Video : Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE graphics
Audio : 8-channel (7.1) high-definition audio.........
First of all I updated the power supply to a Thermaltake TR2 600W. Then I purchased a AMD Radeon™ HD 6670 graphics card. The problem is that my computer has integrated graphics and when I go into BIOS to disable it , that particular thing is greyed out and I am unable to click on it to disable it. No matter what I do I cannot install this card correctly and im so frustrated I could scream! Also, I bought him a 26" Sanyo LCD tv to use as a monitor...Do I need to hook that up a certain way? I know he wanted this game so bad and was so happy I had gone to all of these lengths to give that to him and still have yet to make it happen :( PLEASE HELP!!!!

mjw77

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
I know from what limited knowledge I have after installing a defective GPU sold to me by E machines, the monitor will connect directly to the GPU (video card) port, not in the same place the monitor did when you purchased the PC. There should be a new port down where you installed the new GPU. Beyond that, I have no clue how to deactivate the integrated graphics. I'm still searching for a new GPU to put in my -03w. Maybe because you are using the old monitor port, the PC will not let you disable the integrated graphics feature.

Almost a Virgin

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
The problem is that my computer has integrated graphics and when I go into BIOS to disable it , that particular thing is greyed out and I am unable to click on it to disable it. No matter what I do I cannot install this card correctly and im so frustrated I could scream! Also, I bought him a 26" Sanyo LCD tv to use as a monitor...Do I need to hook that up a certain way? I know he wanted this game so bad and was so happy I had gone to all of these lengths to give that to him and still have yet to make it happen :( PLEASE HELP!!!!

Well let me start with... I hope you have already solved this issue.

I believe I read your post on a different thread just before installing a graphics card in my base system which was the same as yours. The techy at the store I purchased the new card from told me to go into BIOS to disable the integrated, like you the option was greyed out and not an option. Mind you, this was my 1st time getting into the hardware of a PC.

I installed the new card but still had the monitor hooked up to the old plugin, I was skeptical and a bit hesitant. I wondered if I disable the integrated and the new card does not work, how will I see to reinstall the integrated? @#$&%...it! I DISABLED the integrated FX card by following --> Computer --> Control Panel --> Device Manager --> Display Adapters --> double clicking Nvidia Driver --> choosing the Driver tab --> and finally by choosing the disable option. Immediately the viewing monitor resembled "Smart Mode Viewing" at which point I inserted the Driver's CD that came with my new graphics card and adhered to the installation instructions. As I rebooted the system I switched the monitor plugin from the stock port which at the time was VGA to the new port on the new card. It was a success!! I later upgraded to a HD cable, then here I am.

My monitor is a 42" LCD Tv Monitor, which has VGA and HD ports. If yours do not match you may need a converter box or something similar.