Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Chilly CPU/GPU? Min. safe temp?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 1, 2013 12:46:56 AM

So it's fairly cold in my apartment, I'm not a fan of artificial heat because I'm just a warm person in general so it bothers me quickly. It's probably 64-67 F.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this isn't an error but my CPU cores are running at 19-25 C and my GPU is a frosty 23 C. Is there a minimum safe temp?

Best solution

a b à CPUs
February 1, 2013 12:53:26 AM

TheMadFapper said:
So it's fairly cold in my apartment, I'm not a fan of artificial heat because I'm just a warm person in general so it bothers me quickly. It's probably 64-67 F.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this isn't an error but my CPU cores are running at 19-25 C and my GPU is a frosty 23 C. Is there a minimum safe temp?

Nope not really. There are examples where they cool the chips with liquid nitrogen. Don't Worry about a cold apartment.
a c 387 à CPUs
February 1, 2013 1:38:55 AM

+1^
The lower the temp, the better. But I wonder if the reading you're getting is accurate. The CPU or board may not be reporting correctly. What does it read when you're in BIOS?
Score
Related resources
February 1, 2013 10:08:40 AM

Best answer selected by TheMadFapper.
Score
February 1, 2013 10:11:56 AM

jnkweaver said:
Nope not really. There are examples where they cool the chips with liquid nitrogen. Don't Worry about a cold apartment.

Shoot I'm so stupid. I was aware of the liquid nitrogen cooling, I guess I was just assuming those were very special setups that didn't allow the temperature of the components to move in either direction, rather than keep it super cold. If that makes sense. Anyway, thanks.

@clutchc: Nah, I'm pretty sure it's right because I've been running benchmarks with HWMonitor and GPU-Z and the temps match + get warm within the average range (45-65C).

Thanks guys!

Score
!