Closed

How keep custom layout of icons from changing?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Is there a way to maintain the way I have positioned the icons in a
folder?

Whenever I rename the folder or do something like that then I find
that the icon positons

(My desktop icons are OK.)
5 answers Last reply
More about custom layout icons changing
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Are are sorting your folder icons alphabetically or non-alphabetically?
    --
    Marc A. Sims
    Technician I

    "Franklin" wrote:

    > Is there a way to maintain the way I have positioned the icons in a
    > folder?
    >
    > Whenever I rename the folder or do something like that then I find
    > that the icon positons
    >
    > (My desktop icons are OK.)

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    On Mon 15 Aug 2005 21:57:09, =?Utf-8?B?d2luNjQzRE1YUA==?= wrote:

    > Are are sorting your folder icons alphabetically or
    > non-alphabetically? --
    >
    > Marc A. Sims

    Marc, I am using large icons (not small icons) which means I can drag
    & drop them where I like in the pane. There is no ordering peformed.

    have you disabled auto arrange? if not, please try it. right click ->
    arrange icons by -> uncheck auto arrange

    --
    SunMysore

    Bah...just read the post....
    SunMysore's Profile: http://www.techenclave.com/forums/member.php?u=168
    View this thread: http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9522
  4. Just looked through the topic. great work. Climber.com Review
  5. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened

Configuration Microsoft Customization Icons Windows XP