Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Video Card not being recognized

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 29, 2012 5:40:28 PM

Hey. I recently built a computer and everything is running fine, but I just noticed that my computer lists Intel(R) Hd Graphics as

my video card even though I have a Radeon HD 6870 installed. Why isn't my card being recognized?

More about : video card recognized

a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 6:06:01 PM

Did you disable built in graphics from bios? Where do you connect you display input? On 6870 or built-in graphics?
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 6:26:25 PM

I don't see any options to disable integrated graphics in the bios. And whats the display input? I only have a PCI-E cord plugged into the 6870
m
0
l
Related resources
July 29, 2012 6:32:31 PM

Im having this exact same problem except i have an emachines 1831-07 that im upgrading. I uninstalled Nvidia drivers and put in the card and started up but its not recognizing the card and it won let me disable the chipset in bios.
Also I got a XFX Radeon Hd 6850. If i put in the driver disc it says that it does not detect a XFX product in my system.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 6:33:46 PM

He means that did you connect your monitor to the actual card? Also make sure you plug in both the PCI-E power connectors on the card as it requires it to work. This card requires 2 PCI-E power connectors.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 6:34:56 PM

What is your mobo?

So you put your monitor cord into 6870?
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 6:40:05 PM

Oh i didnt see that my video card had a vga slot coming out of the back of my computer. But the slot on my card is different than the vga port on the mobo so guess ill need to buy a matching cord. Thank you
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 6:41:59 PM

The card should have come with a DVI to VGA adapter if you are using a VGA cord for the monitor.
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 6:50:50 PM

El Tigre said:
The card should have come with a DVI to VGA adapter if you are using a VGA cord for the monitor.


Ya i just found a white cord thats fits into the monitor and card!
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 6:51:39 PM

Quote:
Hey i just bought almost the same card as u, I got a 6850 and there is no VGA slot on the 6850 and i dont think theres one on the 6870. I had to go buy a DVI cable today just because there was no VGA slot. But im basically having the same problem because my computer wont recognize my card even with the DVI cable plugged into my monitor and video card.



My video card a has port lablled vga at one side
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 6:55:21 PM

Draakon said:
My video card a has port lablled vga at one side


K tell me what happens because my vido card is still not recognized
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 6:58:42 PM

richman16 said:
K tell me what happens because my vido card is still not recognized



I turned on the computer but it says there no vga signal and nothings on the screen
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 6:58:58 PM

Quote:
Hey i just bought almost the same card as u, I got a 6850 and there is no VGA slot on the 6850 and i dont think theres one on the 6870. I had to go buy a DVI cable today just because there was no VGA slot. But im basically having the same problem because my computer wont recognize my card even with the DVI cable plugged into my monitor and video card.


Load optimize default from bios. If not work, then disable build-in graphic from bios.

You should use your own thread. Its Tom's rule.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 7:01:26 PM

Draakon said:
I turned on the computer but it says there no vga signal and nothings on the screen


There is should be an option in bios to disable built-in graphic. Post your motherboard model.
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 7:10:12 PM

mubin said:
There is should be an option in bios to disable built-in graphic. Post your motherboard model.



Its a Z68MA-Ed55 msi mobo
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2012 7:10:32 PM

Try reset to optimize default from bios. Try reseat the card again.
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 7:12:26 PM

mubin said:
Try reset to optimize d.efault from bios. Try reseat the card again.



But the scrern is pitch black it wont show anything
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 30, 2012 5:56:57 PM

So you cant get into bios or cant see anything? Remove the card and install it again.
m
0
l
!