Video Card not being recognized

Draakon

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hey. I recently built a computer and everything is running fine, but I just noticed that my computer lists Intel(R) Hd Graphics as

my video card even though I have a Radeon HD 6870 installed. Why isn't my card being recognized?

richman16

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Im having this exact same problem except i have an emachines 1831-07 that im upgrading. I uninstalled Nvidia drivers and put in the card and started up but its not recognizing the card and it won let me disable the chipset in bios.
Also I got a XFX Radeon Hd 6850. If i put in the driver disc it says that it does not detect a XFX product in my system.

El Tigre

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
He means that did you connect your monitor to the actual card? Also make sure you plug in both the PCI-E power connectors on the card as it requires it to work. This card requires 2 PCI-E power connectors.

Draakon

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Oh i didnt see that my video card had a vga slot coming out of the back of my computer. But the slot on my card is different than the vga port on the mobo so guess ill need to buy a matching cord. Thank you

Draakon

Honorable
May 7, 2012

Ya i just found a white cord thats fits into the monitor and card!

Draakon

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hey i just bought almost the same card as u, I got a 6850 and there is no VGA slot on the 6850 and i dont think theres one on the 6870. I had to go buy a DVI cable today just because there was no VGA slot. But im basically having the same problem because my computer wont recognize my card even with the DVI cable plugged into my monitor and video card.

My video card a has port lablled vga at one side

Draakon

Honorable
May 7, 2012

I turned on the computer but it says there no vga signal and nothings on the screen

mubin

Distinguished
Hey i just bought almost the same card as u, I got a 6850 and there is no VGA slot on the 6850 and i dont think theres one on the 6870. I had to go buy a DVI cable today just because there was no VGA slot. But im basically having the same problem because my computer wont recognize my card even with the DVI cable plugged into my monitor and video card.

Load optimize default from bios. If not work, then disable build-in graphic from bios.

You should use your own thread. Its Tom's rule.