System won't boot after new CPU Cooler

Hi.
Last christmas i built my own PC. It worked absolutely fine. I recently tried to replace the stock CPU Cooler with a Corsair h80. Now my PC won't boot. As in at all. The LEDS on the Mobo are lit up (no error LEDS) but when i press the power button nothing happens. The fans don't spin and then stop. It just doesn't do anything. I have checked that the power switch is plugged into the mobo. Please help if you can - thanks in advance :bounce:

System specs:
CPU: 2500k (not overclocked)
RAM: 2x 4gb of Corsair Vengeance
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80
Mobo: ASUS P8z68-v LX
HDD: Seagate 2TB Barracuda Green
GPU: ASUS 560ti
PSU: 500W Coolermaster
6 answers Last reply
More about system boot cooler
  1. You can use ANY CPU cooler you want, its only a piece of copper with fans, it has nothing to do with your system malfunctioning.

The first time i tried to replace the stock HS of my PC i burnt the motherboard with static electricity, i am sure that that's what happened, you burnt your motherboard.
  2. OK, thanks. Is it normal that the LED's on my mobo are still working if it is burnt?
  3. nathansam said:
    OK, thanks. Is it normal that the LED's on my mobo are still working if it is burnt?

Your whole motherboard isn't burned. i bet that if you take the frame surrounding the CPU socket you will see a burn sport.
  4. Is my CPU ruined then?
  5. nathansam said:
    Is my CPU ruined then?

i doubt it, do you have any other CPU you could use?
  6. My PC is working, I hadn't put the case back together properly :lol:
    It's all working fine now. Thanks for all the help droid
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Cooling CPUs Corsair Systems