Sign in with
Your question

PC Case Size

Last response: in Components
February 1, 2013 3:45:05 AM

Hi I am currently waiting for a pre-made computer I bought at walmart.com the link is here http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Ref [...] l/20976857
Seeing that it is a Small Form Factor Case I was just wondering if it was possible to transfer ALL of the components into a medium-sized case say http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste [...] 425&sr=1-1

The reason why i'm asking is because I plan to upgrade the mother board, power supply unit, and the graphics card but not at the moment. It's something I plan to do in the long run.

If you can please help it would be greatly appreciated

More about : case size

a b ) Power supply
February 1, 2013 4:16:42 AM

It is unlikely that you will be able to transfer the dell motherboard because computer manufacturers (namely Dell) sell proprietary motherboards and hardware that don't conform to the dimensions of standard components. Even their fans can be a specific, Dell-only design.

The other problem you will run into in trying to upgrade the motherboard/CPU is the OEM license that comes with a prebuilt computer's copy of Windows. It is tied to the original motherboard and cannot be transferred.
m
l
February 1, 2013 4:28:13 AM

That may be true but this is a refurbished model and it now contains a NVDIA Quadro 210s Motherboard so does that change anything? oh and it also has comes with a new copy of windows 7 professional as well
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 1, 2013 4:33:28 AM

If they changed parts then there is no way for me to know what the configuration is. Post the full spec sheet?
m
l
February 1, 2013 1:09:29 PM

Actually it appears all they have replaced is the operating system to Windows 7 pro, and updated the hard drive. However I plan to upgrade the motherboard (soon) so should everything transfer well considering it comes with a new copy of windows 7 pro? And can I uninstall the X2 processor from this motherboard and use it on another motherboard?
m
l
!