Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Laptops
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Probook
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
July 29, 2012 8:53:16 PM

Hi, I just have a few questions regarding ViDock for my new laptop.

I've already ordered this laptop, which is a HP Probook 4530s

It has a Intel Core i5-2410M Processor
Along with the Intel HD graphics 3000
4 GB of ram
And it's supposed to have a 34 expresscard slot

So what I am wondering is, will the laptop run games okay? I don't plan on playing anything too heavy, but something like skyrim.

If not, how can I upgrade it to make it work better? I heard ViDock is sort of a external gpu for laptops with expresscard capabilities, but I have no idea how it actually works. Do you put a separate graphics card into the ViDock? And when it works, does the laptop use the graphics card in the ViDock instead of the integrated one in my laptop?

Thanks in advance

More about : vidock probook 4530s

Best solution

a c 291 U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
July 29, 2012 10:48:32 PM

@BigMack70: it does exist: http://www.villageinstruments.com/tiki-index.php?page=V...

@OP: Basically you buy vidock, you buy a discrete graphics card, and you buy a monitor. Then you insert graphics card to the vidock, connect it to electricity from the wall, connect it to your laptop express card slot and connect it to the monitor. Bam, you get to play games on the big monitor ;) .
a c 198 U Graphics card
a b α HP
July 29, 2012 10:53:10 PM

I'm not sure of how the ViDock works. It might be worth it.
Score
Related resources
July 29, 2012 11:19:10 PM

Sunius said:
@BigMack70: it does exist: http://www.villageinstruments.com/tiki-index.php?page=V...

@OP: Basically you buy vidock, you buy a discrete graphics card, and you buy a monitor. Then you insert graphics card to the vidock, connect it to electricity from the wall, connect it to your laptop express card slot and connect it to the monitor. Bam, you get to play games on the big monitor ;) .

Thanks for the reply!

That sounds easy enough, but one more question: is another monitor necessary?
Score
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
July 29, 2012 11:24:07 PM

Unfortunately, yes, Vidock cannot transfer video back to the laptops monitor.
Score
August 9, 2012 1:42:45 AM

Best answer selected by Aimee_Elizabeth.
Score
December 10, 2012 10:32:47 AM

Hi aimee! i would like to ask if you have successfully installed vdock in your laptop.. we have the same laptop and specs and im hoping i could play on better graphics too..
Score