New build, just ordered parts based on your recommendations

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Hello again forums. I just purchased the components for my new $500 casual gaming rig. I based my decisions mainly on forum replies, Tom's Best gaming CPU's for the Money, Tom's Best graphics card for the money and Tom's System Builder marathon, $500 gaming PC.

I was able to absorb the price of the case into other components because I already had one. I also have Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers & a 24" LED Monitor (yanked from my Xbox, I'm probably done with console gaming, back to PC's).

Intel Core i3-2100 3.1ghz
Asrock B75 MATX 6gb/s USB 3.0
GSkill 2x4gb DDR3 1333
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1gb 256bit
Seagate Barracuda 320gb 7200RPM 6gb/s
LG DVDR / RW
Antec VP-450

All in all, after reviewing the guides extensively, I think I did pretty well. It's not going to be breaking any benchmark records but I think for $500 ($497 after shipping and taxes) it's very competent and will handle World of Warcraft, Skyrim and probably Black Ops 2 when it releases.

Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated. I should have this up and running before the weekend. Thanks guys, you did all the work, I just read your comments and Tom's reviews.

mcopinger

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
first thing you should do now is read up on how to overclock that 6850 as it will be your bottleneck when your gaming. I love a good inexpensive build, this is some great quality man! Good job! make sure you take your time managing your cables and planning out your fan config to keep it nice and cool and it'll run like a top! =D