Is having six cores activated harmfull?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwas

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Hey guys i bought the FX-6100 a few weeks ago and like everyday i opened my Pc this morning and realized that on the screen before windows loads it said six cores activated and had a little picture saying 6X with arrows. I seriously don't know how it happened and if it is harmful i also tried bringing it down from ms config but it hasn't made a change So Please HELP!!! :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Solution

That's like asking if having 6 cylinders in your car is "harmful". If you have a 6 cylinder motor, having 6 cylinders is not harmful.

If you want to disable some of your computing power, you can do so in your BIOS. However, I would not recommend you do so until you understand what you are doing and why.

Making the wrong adjustments in your BIOS is something that can be harmful. It's like adjusting the A/F ratio or boost on a car. If you know what you are doing, you can make the car perform better. If you don't know what you are doing, you can "harm" your car.

Your CPU is supposed to...

Z1NONLY

Distinguished

That's like asking if having 6 cylinders in your car is "harmful". If you have a 6 cylinder motor, having 6 cylinders is not harmful.

If you want to disable some of your computing power, you can do so in your BIOS. However, I would not recommend you do so until you understand what you are doing and why.

Making the wrong adjustments in your BIOS is something that can be harmful. It's like adjusting the A/F ratio or boost on a car. If you know what you are doing, you can make the car perform better. If you don't know what you are doing, you can "harm" your car.

Your CPU is supposed to run on six cores. I recommend leaving it alone.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.