Status
Not open for further replies.

draven714

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Hello,

This is going to be a really stupid question for many of you but I've never used more than one monitor before.

I have an Asus VE248Q, and am about to buy another one tonight, with plans on buying a third one early next year. These monitors are being plugged into a MSI R7850 PE.

My question is which ports would you use for the 2x monitor setup AND the 3x monitor setup (when I get the third). Please include which accessories I'll need to buy to make it work.

Thank you.

Solution
Friend, all ports on you graphics card have the same video quality. So it doesnt matter what you choose, you will get awesome picture quality in your monitor.

DVI simply carries only video signal, first to be invented
HDMI carries both video and audio signal. It can be used for only video.
Displayport carries both video, audio and can also carry data, such as music/movies

Anyways, displayport is sort of a new conection to be used in computers and conect notebooks to pass video or share data, sort of a multi-functionality port. Because its small, a single graphics card can have multiple display ports on its backplate. Thats why you see several display ports and only one DVI, because of the physical size of the conector.

Regardless...
Why would you ever covert to dsub on a monitor with display port? And the monitor doesn't have a DVI connection according to the specs.

I don't really get the question though. You only have 4 port choices, and they are all pretty much identical for 1080p. if the monitor specs are right you only have one choice, hdmi and display port.

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
Friend, all ports on you graphics card have the same video quality. So it doesnt matter what you choose, you will get awesome picture quality in your monitor.

DVI simply carries only video signal, first to be invented
HDMI carries both video and audio signal. It can be used for only video.
Displayport carries both video, audio and can also carry data, such as music/movies

Anyways, displayport is sort of a new conection to be used in computers and conect notebooks to pass video or share data, sort of a multi-functionality port. Because its small, a single graphics card can have multiple display ports on its backplate. Thats why you see several display ports and only one DVI, because of the physical size of the conector.

Regardless, all 3 conectors have the same picture quality.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.