What improvements would i see if I upgraded?

Hi,

I currently have an Intel I5 750 running on a ASUS P7P55D mobo. 6GB of DDR 3 ram, Nvidia GTX 570 and a 120 GB OCZ AGILITY 3 SSD.
I wish to upgrade and was wondering if I would see a significant improvement if I went with the I5 -3570K along with a new Z77 mobo. I have a budget of around $600
7 answers Last reply
More about what improvements upgraded
  1. Yes you will see significant improvement for sure as upgrading from 1st gen to 3rd gen cpu.
  2. the i5 750 you have is only 2 teirs lower than the new batch of i5's. id say get another 2gb of ram and a gtx680 and youd see an improvement.
  3. Mabeaz said:
    Hi,

    I currently have an Intel I5 750 running on a ASUS P7P55D mobo. 6GB of DDR 3 ram, Nvidia GTX 570 and a 120 GB OCZ AGILITY 3 SSD.
    I wish to upgrade and was wondering if I would see a significant improvement if I went with the I5 -3570K along with a new Z77 mobo. I have a budget of around $600


    That depends on what you want to see the improvement in :D

    Your 570 is certainly not outdated, but you would get a +20 increase on your FPS at the minimum in most games. Usually much more.

    6GB of RAM is fine, I've never used anywhere near that with gaming.

    I see some other posters saying that their i5 750 was a bottleneck in some games, and would especially do so along side a 600 series GTX GPU (for example).

    I'd do it!! :bounce:
  4. ARICH5 said:
    the i5 750 you have is only 2 teirs lower than the new batch of i5's. id say get another 2gb of ram and a gtx680 and youd see an improvement.


    If I did that wouldn't the I5-750 bottleneck the system and hold back a GTX 680?
  5. Also, which graphics card is going to boost my FPS for a reasonable price over my existing GTX 570?


    Thanks

    Mab
  6. Mabeaz said:
    Also, which graphics card is going to boost my FPS for a reasonable price over my existing GTX 570?


    Thanks

    Mab



    Get a "used" 670 on Amazon for the cheapest option for the best performance. It's not actually "used' persay, and Amazon will back the purchase.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0080I06WQ/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1359736450&sr=8-2&keywords=gtx+670&condition=used

    You don't have to go with that particular 670, it's just an example. But you'd be saving $50-70 over Newegg, and if you have Prime, free shipping :)
  7. Thanks Mad, definitley an option I shall consider. Any recommendations for a decent Z77 chipset mobo??


    Mab
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i5