Closed Solved

Cpu or gpu?

my cpu is intel core2duo E7400 @ 2.80ghz and 4gb ddr2 ram. a member in this community told me that if i buy 6770 hd radeon 1gb ddr5, i will not be able to run crysis 2, max payne 3 on high setting. is this because of my cpu or gpu or ram?
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. Your CPU and DDR2 ram is a bit outdated but with the HD 6770, you should be able to play on medium settings.
  2. It's partly a combination of all three. Mostly your video card won't be able to play Max Payne 3 or Crysis 2 at there best settings. However that system would give you good framerates at medium settings and it'd look pretty good.

    For a little (well, really lot) more money you can upgrade to Radeon HD 7850 and you'd definitely get better framerates / better graphics, but you'd start to see you CPU bottleneck your video card.
  3. I feel like you have asked this question before. Maybe it was someone else who runs an E7400.

    The video card is not quick enough, and your processor is quite dated as well as your other specs.

    You should be able to play on like medium or something.
  4. He did ask this question in another thread...... :pt1cable:
  5. Thought so.
  6. I had a suspicion.
  7. Deemo13 said:
    I feel like you have asked this question before. Maybe it was someone else who runs an E7400.

    The video card is not quick enough, and your processor is quite dated as well as your other specs.

    You should be able to play on like medium or something.

    you told that my cpu is out dated. if you are sure click on this link
    http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/game_requirements_check
    there select the name of my cpu(intel core2duo E7400)
  8. Yes, it's outdated, but you will still be able to play those games on medium with that card. OC your CPU could help gain a few more FPS and help with bottlenecks of the GPU. OC your CPU and GPU could even allow you to play on high settings on a few games such as Fallout, Skyrim with low shadows and low AA and such.
  9. ^1 can't say it better than that (well if I put effort probably but I'm tired)
  10. El Tigre said:
    Yes, it's outdated, but you will still be able to play those games on medium with that card. OC your CPU could help gain a few more FPS and help with bottlenecks of the GPU. OC your CPU and GPU could even allow you to play on high settings on a few games such as Fallout, Skyrim with low shadows and low AA and such.


    +1
  11. i have core 2 duo 2.93 ghz e7500 or 2gb ddr2 ram and msi hwak 5770 . i can play maxpayne 3 on high settings
  12. You'll be able to play it, maybe not the highest it goes. Maybe like medium or so. I would consider a RAM upgrade.
  13. ahmad naeem said:
    i have core 2 duo 2.93 ghz e7500 or 2gb ddr2 ram and msi hwak 5770 . i can play maxpayne 3 on high settings

    and what about prototype2,deus ex3,crysis2?
  14. No. Those games would not run on high on that system. Not with out a better video card and more RAM can you expect Deus EX or Crysis 2 to run on highest settings. If he had 4GB of RAM minimum, and that 5770 it would probably play most games on medium ish settings on most things at 1680 x 1050.
  15. BSNL said:
    and what about prototype2,deus ex3,crysis2?

    PROTOTYPE2 AND CRYSIS 2 I CAN PLAY ON HIGH SETTING
  16. Best answer
    BSNL said:
    my cpu is intel core2duo E7400 @ 2.80ghz and 4gb ddr2 ram. a member in this community told me that if i buy 6770 hd radeon 1gb ddr5, i will not be able to run crysis 2, max payne 3 on high setting. is this because of my cpu or gpu or ram?

    YOU CAN PLAY THESE GAMES ON HIGH SETTINGS JUST UPGRADE YOUR RAM TO 4GB.... NOTHING TO DO MORE
  17. ahmad naeem said:
    YOU CAN PLAY THESE GAMES ON HIGH SETTINGS JUST UPGRADE YOUR RAM TO 4GB.... NOTHING TO DO MORE

    see it properly ,my ram is 4gb
  18. Best answer selected by BSNL.
  19. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs RAM CPUs Graphics