Nokia 6600...captures video...no sound ?

Last response: in Brands
October 3, 2004 6:33:26 PM

Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Xposted.

Nokia 6600(O2 butchered) seems to be recording 3GP video OK, but the
resulting files seem to lack sound when played on the phone and on a
PC(Quicktime and Realplayer). Quicktime shows an AMR 8000Hz mono
soundtrack as being present in the files.

Is this normal for the 6600, or has a setting got to be changed to enable
sound on 3GP video files ?

The phone's sound-recorder function seems to be working OK.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 1:12:48 PM

michael turner wrote:

> Xposted.
>
> Nokia 6600(O2 butchered) seems to be recording 3GP video OK, but the
> resulting files seem to lack sound when played on the phone and on a
> PC(Quicktime and Realplayer). Quicktime shows an AMR 8000Hz mono
> soundtrack as being present in the files.
>
> Is this normal for the 6600, or has a setting got to be changed to enable
> sound on 3GP video files ?
>
> The phone's sound-recorder function seems to be working OK.

I just triied and the sound is ok. You have to check the 'Audio' option
is set to ON in the settings of the camcorder.

--
JScoobyCed
What about a JScooby snack Shaggy ? ... Shaggy ?!

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 09:12:48 +0700, JScoobyCed wrote:

> michael turner wrote:
>
>> Xposted.
>>
>> Nokia 6600(O2 butchered) seems to be recording 3GP video OK, but the
>> resulting files seem to lack sound when played on the phone and on a
>> PC(Quicktime and Realplayer). Quicktime shows an AMR 8000Hz mono
>> soundtrack as being present in the files.
>>
>> Is this normal for the 6600, or has a setting got to be changed to enable
>> sound on 3GP video files ?
>>
>> The phone's sound-recorder function seems to be working OK.
>>
> I just triied and the sound is ok. You have to check the 'Audio' option
> is set to ON in the settings of the camcorder.

Yup that sorted it.. cheers.

BTW I was trying to demonstrate the functions, gimmicks, etc. to a mate
who had just got it on O2 contract. I'm beginning to think he should have
got something a bit more basic, like a Nokia 3410.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg