Nokia 6600...captures video...no sound ?

Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Xposted.

Nokia 6600(O2 butchered) seems to be recording 3GP video OK, but the
resulting files seem to lack sound when played on the phone and on a
PC(Quicktime and Realplayer). Quicktime shows an AMR 8000Hz mono
soundtrack as being present in the files.

Is this normal for the 6600, or has a setting got to be changed to enable
sound on 3GP video files ?

The phone's sound-recorder function seems to be working OK.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
2 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6600 captures video sound
  1. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    michael turner wrote:

    > Xposted.
    >
    > Nokia 6600(O2 butchered) seems to be recording 3GP video OK, but the
    > resulting files seem to lack sound when played on the phone and on a
    > PC(Quicktime and Realplayer). Quicktime shows an AMR 8000Hz mono
    > soundtrack as being present in the files.
    >
    > Is this normal for the 6600, or has a setting got to be changed to enable
    > sound on 3GP video files ?
    >
    > The phone's sound-recorder function seems to be working OK.

    I just triied and the sound is ok. You have to check the 'Audio' option
    is set to ON in the settings of the camcorder.

    --
    JScoobyCed
    What about a JScooby snack Shaggy ? ... Shaggy ?!

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 09:12:48 +0700, JScoobyCed wrote:

    > michael turner wrote:
    >
    >> Xposted.
    >>
    >> Nokia 6600(O2 butchered) seems to be recording 3GP video OK, but the
    >> resulting files seem to lack sound when played on the phone and on a
    >> PC(Quicktime and Realplayer). Quicktime shows an AMR 8000Hz mono
    >> soundtrack as being present in the files.
    >>
    >> Is this normal for the 6600, or has a setting got to be changed to enable
    >> sound on 3GP video files ?
    >>
    >> The phone's sound-recorder function seems to be working OK.
    >>
    > I just triied and the sound is ok. You have to check the 'Audio' option
    > is set to ON in the settings of the camcorder.

    Yup that sorted it.. cheers.

    BTW I was trying to demonstrate the functions, gimmicks, etc. to a mate
    who had just got it on O2 contract. I'm beginning to think he should have
    got something a bit more basic, like a Nokia 3410.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg