Fans for Push/Pull on Hyper 212 Plus

Tags:
  • Corsair
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
February 1, 2013 3:05:46 PM

Hello,
I was looking at a few sets on fans for push pull for my Hyper 212 Plus, however, there are so many different results from different experiments on the web, I just can't decide which ones to get. Right now, I'm using two cooler master blade master fans (the r4s).

My setup (if it helps):
Corsair 400r
Msi Z77a-G41
i5-3570k at 4.4 GHz, reaching 70 degrees prime95, 40 degrees idle (hottest core, others are 10 less)
Two stock corsair fans in the front, hyper 212 push/pull on the CPU, and the stock corsair fan in the back.
I only have one stick on Kingston HyperX ram (8gb) so interfering with the ram slots is not a problem, the ram is on the furthest slot from the CPU socket.

I want fans that perform better than the blade maters, and preferably quieter, the cheaper the better, but up to $25 each.

Thank you in advance.

More about : fans push pull hyper 212

February 1, 2013 3:38:14 PM

Look for fans with high static pressure. Simply getting fans with high CFM won't cut it because the heat sink amounts to an obstruction the fans must overcome.
m
l
Related resources
February 1, 2013 4:42:15 PM

bdiddytampa said:
These are what I have on mine, no need to spend 40$ on 1 fan, these are a decent price, quiet, and they last forever, well mine have anyway lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

That's good for noise and static pressure but way down on air flow. (So your temps will probably go up.)

The fan that comes with the 212 has both high static pressure and ~75CFM.

Are you sure it's the CPU fan that's the source of your noise? My GPU fans tend to be louder than my 212 fan and I can hear them increase with simple things like surfing youtube. (I am running SLI though, so my top GPU runs warm)

m
l
February 1, 2013 4:46:54 PM

bdiddytampa said:
These are what I have on mine, no need to spend 40$ on 1 fan, these are a decent price, quiet, and they last forever, well mine have anyway lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

+1, they perform excellent on Heat sinks. I have a couple of them and temps are great!
m
l
February 1, 2013 8:28:30 PM

Z1NONLY said:
That's good for noise and static pressure but way down on air flow. (So your temps will probably go up.)

Are you sure it's the CPU fan that's the source of your noise? My GPU fans tend to be louder than my 212 fan and I can hear them increase with simple things like surfing youtube. (I am running SLI though, so my top GPU runs warm)

Yeah, I am sure because I'm not using a graphics card right now :(  will upgrade that when next gen graphics cards come out :p 
m
l
February 2, 2013 7:48:58 AM

Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition
m
l
February 2, 2013 2:12:47 PM

Z1NONLY said:

So, will there be any fan that outperforms the stock fan AND is quieter?
m
l

Best solution

February 2, 2013 4:34:10 PM

At 120mm, you might be able to get a fan that moves a little more air and is a little quieter at the same time, but if you want a noticeable improvement in both of those area's, you will probably need to go with a different cooling solution that integrates a a larger fan from the start.
February 9, 2013 3:02:47 PM

Best answer selected by Bimde.
m
l